Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uninstall Adobe Flash
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Uninstall Adobe Flash

Comments

• Weren't there like 100+ other vulnerability that should invite you to uninstall it already years from ago?

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited October 2015

Or if you really need it don't use anything that is using Flash and wait for a fix. Most stuff is HTML5 nowadays.

Change plugins to click to play in order to prevent automatic Flash execution.

• @Frecyboy said:
    Weren't there like 100+ other vulnerability that should invite you to uninstall it already years from ago?

Flash market penetration is very high... I'm sure most people here have it installed, and you can say that about any software, Java comes to mind.

All it takes is a bad flash advertisement to turn eyeballs into zombie botnet.

Inbeforeadblock

• vinny said: Inbeforeadblock

Get with the times man.. it's all about ublock now.

• mpompo Member

vinny said: All it takes is a bad flash advertisement to turn eyeballs into zombie botnet.

Is that that simple? even if you run linux, BSD or *nix?

• vinnyvinny Member
    edited October 2015

@David_P said:

:P

Thanked by 1Davidx
  • noscript rules. I don't have flash installed and it pisses me off when a site prompts with their stupid message that "You need to have flash V.1.xyz installed to blabla"

• @vinny said:

Use µBlock Origin.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Use µBlock Origin.

I'll try it out, looks good

• mpompo Member
    edited October 2015

What are the other three addons you're using?

Thanks

• @mpo said:

uBlock is one and the other one looks like Adblock (not Adblock Plus or similar, just Adblock).

Thanked by 1mpo
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• vinnyvinny Member
    edited October 2015

@mpo said:
    What are the other three addons you're using?
    Thanks

Ones visible.. EditThisCookie & Jet Brains IDE (for PHP Storm)

Thanked by 1mpo
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

vinny said: All it takes is a bad flash advertisement to turn eyeballs into zombie botnet.

Must...buy...LEBs...nnnnuuuuh...

• Is there anything that still requires Flash? Only very occasionally I come across crappy video streaming sites that require it. Extremely rarely there are websites made with flash (company websites..) or even Java (mini games/calculators..) but I can live without them. :D