Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any reliable Brazil providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any reliable Brazil providers?

Hello,

Can you guys recommend me some reliable Brazil providers that their website support English language?

Thanks.

Comments

• HostDime has a Brazil POP, maybe check that out.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @black said:
    HostDime has a Brazil POP, maybe check that out.

It seems they only have managed servers. I'm looking for self-managed servers.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

https://www.tavola.com.br/ - two DCs available

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @gbshouse said:
    https://www.tavola.com.br/ - two DCs available

It seems their website doesn't support English?

@comXyz - nothing unusual ;)

• @gbshouse said:
    comXyz - nothing unusual ;)

But I'm looking for providers that their website support English language.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

comXyz said: But I'm looking for providers that their website support English language.

Then you have either the option to pay 200-300% more than anyone else (like with Hostdime BR) or to not use Brazil based hosting. Simple as that.

• @William said:
    Then you have either the option to pay 200-300% more than anyone else (like with Hostdime BR) or to not use Brazil based hosting. Simple as that.

I don't understand. Local providers charge 200-300% higher if their website supports English?

• @comXyz said:
    I don't understand. Local providers charge 200-300% higher if their website supports English?

I would guess as they have in house english staff/translators. Higher/more qualifications = higher costs.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • JUNAIDJUNAID Member
    edited October 2015

http://oneprovider.com/ provides servers in 100 countries all over the world...
    And also in Brazil, if you like them then go with it.

They have two datacenters in Brazil -

Rio de Janeiro, BR
    Sao Paulo, BR

Fully English website+control panel

Thanked by 1comXyz

@comXyz - the control panel is in English, their support also use English when necessary

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • And another brazil server provider I found is - http://maxihost.com.br/en/ (Also in english, and found on google, so not sure about service quality)

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Thanked by 1comXyz
  • edufeduf Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @jeromeza said:
    Sao Paolo

São Paulo :D

I recommend Host1Plus and Softlayer. There are some local providers but I need to verify if they are receiving international payments.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @EkaatyLinux said:
    I recommend Host1Plus and Softlayer. There are some local providers but I need to verify if they are receiving international payments.

Thanks, I've corrected it. Didn't see it mentioned, must be a bit blind today :P

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

comXyz said: I don't understand. Local providers charge 200-300% higher if their website supports English?

Yes, because in Brazil English = International business so they charge you more. Why? Because they can and you need the server. Staff cost for it is not the main cost factor anymore as education gets better. Locals have rather low income so the local targeted sellers have to adjust pricing for them.

EkaatyLinux said: I recommend Host1Plus and Softlayer. There are some local providers but I need to verify if they are receiving international payments.

Ya, support the IP hoarders - great idea :)

• @William said:
    Yes, because in Brazil English = International business so they charge you more. Why? Because they can and you need the server. Staff cost for it is not the main cost factor anymore as education gets better. Locals have rather low income so the local targeted sellers have to adjust pricing for them.

I can guarantee to you that speak in english isn't common here. A english speaker can earn from 10% to 15% more than a non-english speaker at the same position, even if for some positions english is a need.

@William said:
    Ya, support the IP hoarders - great idea :)

They have good services and good prices here. Almost every time their prices are lower than local providers as RedeHost, Locaweb, UOLHost, etc.

Equinix was Alog later. They have the best DC on this humble land, and host some of the biggest companies out here like Petrobrás, Coca Cola, Vale, etc.

I was looking at my providers and you will find international payments and english support on:

I don't recommend Locaweb, they have the worst support team on the entire earth.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • EkaatyLinux said: They have good services and good prices here. Almost every time their prices are lower than local providers as RedeHost, Locaweb, UOLHost, etc.

Sure, because they rip off IPs from LACNIC and sell/rent them on the side.

• @William said:

Yes, I know. Let OP decide if it is a no go or if he will ignore it.

• It seems the dedicated servers at Brazil are really expensive :(

• @comXyz said:
    It seems the dedicated servers at Brazil are really expensive :(

Anything that isn't food or alcohol is expensive here.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • AgaAga Member

EkaatyLinux said: Anything that isn't food or alcohol is expensive here.

Depends where you live in Brazil, food and alcohol can be really expensive too.

• Aga said: Depends where you live in Brazil, food and alcohol can be really expensive too.

Can confirm. I live on the third biggest city of Brazil, biggest of the northeast (Salvador, Bahia). Anything is expensive here. But on average what I said is true :D

• EkaatyLinux said: Anything that isn't food or alcohol is expensive here.

Mainly due to the insane import taxes the gov charges - 100%+ for some products which includes servers and things like laptops and ipads.

• William said: Mainly due to the insane import taxes the gov charges

Only as a trivia, an average brazilian worker has to work five months a year just to pay taxes.

• EkaatyLinux said: Anything that isn't food or alcohol is expensive here.

If you mean beer or cachaza with "alcohol" then I agree, if not, then it's imported, so ultra expensive too ;)