Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$35-$50 Budget - High storage Dedi/VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$35-$50 Budget - High storage Dedi/VPS

I am looking for a High Storage, High Bandwidth Dedi or VPS. Budget is between $35-$50 a month for the server and will be used for Backup/Plex Streaming.

Fielding all offers.

Thanks

Comments

• Define "high-storage". Define bandwidth, CPU and RAM. Define a preferred location.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Location - Does not matter to much.
    Storage - 2TB Minimum
    Bandwidth - 5 TB Minimum
    CPU and Ram - I've got leeway here. But ~4GB Ram Minimum and at least a dual core processor.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

What if it's a VPS, do you need that much RAM and CPU?

• Yeah, I intend to set up a Plex server, which is a ram and cpu hog for sure.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Got it!

• try DataShack.net
    the $35 operation promo is there

• Can do a Intel E3 4c/4t 32GB DDR3 240GB SSD for $49/mo

• Several of the servers currently listed at https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/ should fit the requirements you state.

10tb bandwidth which matches you "at least 5" and more can be added for a few $/mo on the order form. There are unmetered options as well. They all have the RAM you want (the smallest are 8Gb). Some of the CPUs are fairly old which might rule out the cheapest ones but then again maybe not depending on your exact needs. Most have 2Tb storage or more, and extra can be added on the order form.

I got one of the cheap Opterons ($20/mo with 2x2TB storage) and added another 2TB (+$10/mo) as this is mainly going to be a storage server. Perfectly happy so far. A misunderstanding and a cock-up by me resulted in support tickets which were responded to very quickly. I've not run any tests on the bandwidth to/from the places that are key to me yet, but assuming those results come out OK their servers seem a bargain.

• @IgniteServers said:
    Can do a Intel E3 4c/4t 32GB DDR3 240GB SSD for $49/mo

High storage....

• France Iliad Data Center , i3 , 4GBRAM , 2x1TB HDD , 1Gbps network , unmeter traffic for only $35 !

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited September 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    Can do a Intel E3 4c/4t 32GB DDR3 240GB SSD for $49/mo

He wants at least 2TB diskspace... He doesn't want your $7 for 4TB VPS either. Start reading what people want or stop offering.

@Novalok - Your best bet is Dacentec. Excellent support, decent network and cheap prices ;P

EDIT: You could snag a nice deal on Hetzner Auctions. People get i7s with 2x2tb for like 30 euros.

• @IThinkUFailed - Yeah Dacentec or Hetzner is looking like the way to go. And thanks for calling out @IgniteServers, the whole reason i opened this request is that user ruined my last one.

This is why we cant have nice things :P

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited September 2015

O im sorry I didnt know you made the rules on this forum ........

@Novalok

$40.00/mo
    32GB DDR2 EEC RAM
    2.1Ghz - 2 PROCESSORS
    2TB SATA
    20TB TRANSFER
    LINUX/WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    5 USABLE IPv4 ADDRESSES
    /64 IPv6 BLOCK

• Still need one?

• @IgniteServers said:

I don't and I was only pointing out the obvious. He said he wasn't interested in crazily unsustainable offers.

@Novalok look into ServerHub. They offer SSD Cached storage out of Dallas now.

$40 per month - 4GB Memory -4TB Disk Space - 5TB Transfer - 4 Core Processor - 7 IP Address

Honestly I would say checkout Dacentec first though...

Thanked by 1jonbeard
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Honestly I would say checkout Dacentec first though...

+1 for Serverhub. Their VPS services are very stable and they are a very well organized company.

Thanked by 1jonbeard
  • @SSDBlaze said:
    +1 for Serverhub. Their VPS services are very stable and they are a very well organized company.

Heh yeah. Only reason I recommended was the decent support and good-ish stability. Except when I first signed up where they had a raid card fail and couldn't get a replacement for a week and a bit...

I have no issues as they compensated with an entire month of credit.

Thanked by 1jonbeard
  • Wherr are you located? Since its a streaming server you'll probably want it close to you?

• @IgniteServers said:

I don't know about the rules of the forum, but what you were certainly breaking are rules of is common courtesy.

Someone has asked for something specific and you've responded with something that doesn't meet that need. Forums like this are here to be helpful. If what you can offer is what people are looking for then such posts would be helpful. Otherwise you are just being the loud kid in the remedial class who keeps yelling about his dog because he has a dog and wants everyone to know about his dog because he thinks everyone should want to know about his dog even though the current topic is cats. It makes you look like someone who doesn't care to read what other people have written before you join the discussion.

On its own the offer that doesn't meet the OPs need I'd dismiss as forgiveable human error or maybe not even notice (unless it happens often) but your response to IThinkUFailed earns you a place on my "nope, I'll not be sending any of my money that way" list, and I doubt I'm the only one, so being a more mindful member of the forum is in your interests as well as everyone else's.

When someone corrects you and they are right to correct you, take the correction politely. If you think the correction is itself incorrect then discuss the matter in a similarly mature way. Responding in a dickish manner will make you no friends/supporters.

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:
    When someone corrects you and they are right to correct you, take the correction politely.

Don't tell him what to do! It's his business! He can run it however he wants! He sets his own prices, and chooses his own customers! He wouldn't be doing so if he couldn't afford it!!!!

• cocoohacocooha Member
    edited September 2015

Their VPS services are very stable

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

$50 and you can share my Plex streaming beast :P (Online.net)

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Better go off with a dedicated server in your case @Novalok