Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with DDOS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with DDOS protection

Hi,
I'm looking for a VPS with a good DDOS protection. 512 MB RAM and 1-core CPU with CentOS is enough.

I've already tried OVH and Voxility but they don't protect all the attacks. So if you have a cheap option please share with me. Thanks.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If Voxility can't protect you, I doubt you can get a cheap alternative which will.

• blackshadow2blackshadow2 Member
    edited September 2015

Voxility has packet loss problem while permanent mitigation is active.

• What are you trying to protect btw? UDP? TCP?

• @blackshadow2 said:
    Voxility has packet loss problem while permanent mititgation is active.

Which provider?

edited September 2015

@Nixtren UDP

@tr1cky DDOSDeflect

• I would suggest OVH's VPS Game with their game ddos protection: https://www.ovh.com/fr/commande/vps-game.xml

It's better than their normal protection and can't be dropped that easily.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco

Check BuyVM.net, they're using Voxility. Got a VPS there that has been running smoothly.

• MrGeneral said: Check BuyVM.net, they're using Voxility. Got a VPS there that has been running smoothly.

BuyVM with Voxility won't be better.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@tr1cky said:

Well I've been using BuyVM for a while and never had issues with DDoS, I mean, I did get attacked but the VPS remained stable.

• Do you need any UDP ports?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tr1cky said:

Considering we block anything that leaks through Voxility I'd say, yes, it would be better :P The extra filters aren't in place by default since they can cause some minor slow downs in connection speed, but it's very much there and working wonders for countless of our Luxembourg and New Jersey users.

The packetloss may be just a peering issue with Voxility, worth asking your host to contact them, they're always very helpful for such things.

Francisco

• Francisco said: The packetloss may be just a peering issue with Voxility, worth asking your host to contact them, they're always very helpful for such things.

Oh please, there was constant packet loss, for more than a week.
    I recommended someone to you and the person faced problems to no end.
    This person raised several support tickets and there was no solution presented.
    Same person is now hosting the same service on a OVH game ddos protection plan and faces no issues whatsoever.

A peering issue? In this case the host is called "Germany" and all major ISPs in Germany had packet loss to your Voxility IPs.

• tr1cky said: A peering issue? In this case the host is called "Germany" and all major ISPs in Germany had packet loss to your Voxility IPs.

+1, had also problems from dtag, inexio and kabel deutschland

• Blame DTAG and KB/UPC/LGI - They do not peer with anyone and don't buy Level3 transit (Voxility main supplier). I see zero issues to Voxility from MNET and other smaller ISPs that peer on DECIX.

@tr1cky said:
    A peering issue? In this case the host is called "Germany" and all major ISPs in Germany had packet loss to your Voxility IPs.

It's quite possible it was related to an MTU issue we had with them. A couple weeks ago I confirmed a ~5% packet loss and had made adjustments that addressed that.

Not sure if OP had/has service with us/another Voxility provider to see if that helped though.

I'd be up for testing either way!

Francisco

• @William said:
    Blame DTAG and KB/UPC/LGI - They do not peer with anyone and don't buy Level3 transit (Voxility main supplier). I see zero issues to Voxility from MNET and other smaller ISPs that peer on DECIX.

As far as I know, my ISP peers with DECIX: https://beta.peeringdb.com/net/99

• tr1cky said: As far as I know, my ISP peers with DECIX: https://beta.peeringdb.com/net/99

Yes, you also did not note NC in the former post.

edited September 2015

@nexmark

Yes I need one.

@MrRapidHost

I prefer Europe location. In America, ping is too high.

@Francisco

Can I get a test IP for Luxembourg ?
    Edit:I can ping the non-protected IP address but I can't ping the ddos protected one.

• @tr1cky said:
    I would suggest OVH's VPS Game with their game ddos protection: https://www.ovh.com/fr/commande/vps-game.xml

It's better than their normal protection and can't be dropped that easily.

How can I see all the packages for Game Servers in English language ?

blackshadow2 said: Can I get a test IP for Luxembourg ? Edit:I can ping the non-protected IP address but I can't ping the ddos protected one.

It's in always filtering mode then :)

I'll PM you a filtered IP that's in 'sensing mode'.

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

• RBHRBH Member
    edited September 2015

@Francisco payment refunded because incomplete address information in client area.

Fixed proper contact information

Get asked by a (your/BuyVM) company to provide government issued ID

Nope