Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any openvpn/vpn installed/template vps provider you know? less then 2 usd?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any openvpn/vpn installed/template vps provider you know? less then 2 usd?

raihan0888raihan0888 Member
edited September 2012 in Help

I need a vpn connection for my restricted internet connection.Its time consuming/hard for me to install,config openvpn setup in vps.And i am not interested to pay more then 2 usd.In leb i see some vps provider provide 64-96-128mb vps around 2 usd.I need some advice from you.If you know any vpn provider in that price then don`t forget to mention the name. :)

Comments

• Why not setup your own? Stop being Cheap and Lazy at the same time?

• http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3384/ipxcore-32mb-openvz-vps-for-50-cents-per-month

Configuration is fairly easy, it only took me ~10 minutes to set up my VPN. I'm not sure if ipxcore has a template for openvpn servers, but it's definitely within your budget range.

Thanked by 1raihan0888
  • Its super fast and easy to install/config openvpn, same with pptpd...

• Don't need any template or anything, just a couple of command.

• bluevm have vpn plan from 2$ havnt tryed it
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2430255

• LusoVPS, and Anthony Smith ( I forgot the website :p )

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

Templates are nice, but there are plenty of bash scripts to install OpenVPN on OpenVZ, provided the host offers TUN which most do these days. Grab an IPXCore, SecureDragon or Prometheus and install OpenVPN yourself. Or you can get a nice KVM based EDIS, for ~$12 with their coupon if it's still active, and just use the fool proof OpenVPN-AS installer.

I'm looking into providing VPNs for UK & possibly US, but it seems hard to deter abuse without crippling the connection speed or similar. And most people here would rather spend the money on a LEB and install it themselves.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@nunim said: And most people here would rather spend the money on a LEB and install it themselves.

It is not only that, but ppl dont want to be tracked and logged also. It is much harder for the host to keep track at their router where did the VPN connect and it reduces the ways of attack in decrypting the traffic and if big brother comes asking for logs at chinese requests, the host can just shrug and point them to the logless LEB.

There are many 5 min DIY VPN tutorials (including one which doesnt require touching the box or the command line) here: http://board.prometeus.net/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=bd748f6223260b9bcd998f483da2a14a
    Quite a few ppl offer LEBs for under 2 $, some with half a tb of traffic and even more.
    M

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Anthony Smith ( I forgot the website :p )

inceptionhosting.com however for under $2 p/month you will need to look somewhere else as I don't oversell.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

@AnthonySmith said: however for under $2 p/month you will need to look somewhere else as I don't oversell.

That is a really low blow as I am sure you know 100% that there are ppl offering that fully legit.
    M

edited September 2012

@Maounique sorry I meant no offence, another case of oversell vs. overcommit.

I run XEN, i.e. no oversell or overcommit as such $2 VPS's are not possible, If I was running OpenVZ then I could probably do a $2 VPS on a 2 x oversell

No offence intended I just assume everyone is aware of how things actually work and we are all grown up enough to be straight forward with each other :)

And I am aware yes, imo overselling OpenVZ is 100% legit, its not a bad thing.

edited September 2012

Xen can be oversold and overcommited.
    There can be 2$ VPSes without overcommit, because disk space is really low and memory too, you cant really cram 32 MB VPSes and overcommit because the memory will really be used (well, you can but you are asking for trouble).
    Overcommit is easier for larger VPSes because there will be usually less IO and less memory used to full, it is harder for the lowend LEBs (to make a new category as 7$ boxes are now deluxe stuff)
    VPN like boxes, tho, could be a good deal to sell almost only BW with minimal disk and memory usage.
    M

The oversell or overcommit in Xen can be stopped directly from the DomU, so you don't really have any direct control.

I suppose in the lower ram allocations you are correct though, I have done a €10 p/year VPS with 64mb but that was at a loss pretty much just to use up unallocated space.

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited September 2012

@raihan0888: It is easy to set-up (5 min) on BuyVM using their wiki - wiki.buyvm.net/index.php/vpn:openvpn. $15yr plan with 500GB transfer.

IperWeb, 50cents plan would probably be great. No year contract either if it is not to your liking.

50cents from prometeus is per year 6 Eur and also not in stock :)
    M

• HI guys thak you all... I buy vps for vpn from ipxcore .50 cent plan.pay for 6 month.Hope in easy step i able to install openvpn.but stuck in install process :(

Thanks ipx core low cost vps for vpn :)

• @Maounique... "50cents from prometeus is per year 6 Eur and also not in stock."

Oh, :(