Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for recommendations on some smaller VPSes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for recommendations on some smaller VPSes

jeff_lfcvpsjeff_lfcvps Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hey,

I'm looking to get 10 or so small VPSes (non-openvz, 512MB of ram) w/ between 2 and 5 ips each -- the more included by default is better since then I don't have to shell out for extra ips. Disk space and bandwidth don't really matter -- what I'm doing is light on disk space and fairly light on bandwidth.

Anybody got some recommendations?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

Cheapestaaaa -> BuyVM, securedragon, ipxcore,hostigation.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would say BuyVM, they have tons of IPs.
    M

• Try Lovevps Matt should be able to hook you up

• I think at this stage everyone by default giving more than 1 IPv4 with a VPS should be f*cked.

• @Jack said: They only do OVZ?

BUT! I THOUGHT? ahhh never mind.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If Texas is an option for you and you can properly justify the usage of the IPs, HMU and I might be able to give you a good deal, got a little bit space left for KVM's.

• @Jack but with that many vps's Matt will probably cut him a good deal.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Do you have a location preference?

@Jack said: With the pricing at LSN for IP's :O ?

Got plenty of IPs, don't worry ;)

I will probably switch to colo'd server at colocrossing TX though, as LSN apperantely wants to charge me 25$ monthly for ipv6, same goes for annoucing IPs. I've never actually dealt with something like that so far, so it will probably be one of my last months with them.

• @Jack said: Does Colocrossing have the flood detection though?

Well Jeremiah is magical.

Thanked by 1soda
  • @Alex_LiquidHost I thought Texas Kvm was sold out.

@LAKid said: I thought Texas Kvm was sold out.

Generally it is, I do have enough free space to sell via PMs. I will sell a couple of more yearly packages in LET these days.

@Jack
    Detecting incomming floods is quete an easy job for every DC. About the rdns - I really do not care if they have a panel or I'd have to open a ticket. And if they announce the IPs, I won't need them for the rdns.

• ColoCrossing's portal has an RDNS feature. You can do it all without contacting them.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2012

@24khost said: Try Lovevps Matt should be able to hook you up

Thanks for the recommendation.

@Jack said: Yes, LoveVPS seem pretty good not quite Lowend though.

We are at the higher end of the pricing chart, thats for sure.

@24khost said: @Jack but with that many vps's Matt will probably cut him a good deal.

Yes I should be able to if you wish drop me an email on [email protected].

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2012

@LV_Matt said: We are at the higher end of the pricing chart, thats for sure.

What sort of a day and age is this, where our plans are classed as "Premium". Somebody said the exact same thing to me the other day.

There not exactly expensive in fairness, its just those damn OpenVZ company's lowering the bar haha.

• Every business needs to make a profit. Those ones lowering the bar tend to disappear.

I'd recommend BuyVM. Picked up a few OpenVZ ones myself just as some backup DNS for internal purposes, while we use EditDNS/Dyn as well.