Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers vs Dedicated Cloud comparison: What's Good for Social Network?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers vs Dedicated Cloud comparison: What's Good for Social Network?

20142014 Member

Dedicated servers vs Dedicated Cloud comparison: What's Good for Social Network? i have image sharing site, images already storing in another sever but our main site sever now getting slow and some time showing

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (08004/1040): Too many connections in
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /

Our current Main Sever Features -

12GB RAM
1TB hard
processor : 0 - 3
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @ 2.80GHz

This sever not storing any large file or data but very slow now... tell me Dedicated Cloud is good for us?

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2015

2014 said: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530

that's your problem..

and "Cloud" is typically a marketing term for VPS server. usually use much slower E5 CPU

• 20142014 Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Thank you for your quick reply. i don't know how i chose best one for our site..

• 2014 said: Thank you for your quick reply. i don't know how i chose best one for our site..

if you want performance you should have gone for a E3 from SYS, i would avoid VPS though

• Does your server have a high load when you recieve the mysql connection error.

You may still have spare resources and just need to increse the limit in my.cnf file.

Also some optimization of the mysql setup will help aswell, its not always about giving it more resources if it is not setup correctly.

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited August 2015

It can also be a problem in the way your mysql server is configured.

How big is the database? Well thought queries, indexes, etc?

I believe in fixing the code before going for bigger hardware. When you know that your code is optimal (optimized queries, use of indexes, static cache when the page doesn't need to be dynamically created or cache of part of the page that don't change... etc) then you might consider getting better hardware. Before it's just a waste of money and hardware in my opinion.

Hardware wise, an SSD might help if the problem if with IO while writing to disk, more ram can help if the problem is when reading... we need more information on your setup and your code (custom code? cms? cache?...) to be able to help you.

• 20142014 Member

Thank you all for your hug help... Please tell me if i buy new sever so which requirements i want ?

• 2014 said: Thank you all for your hug help... Please tell me if i buy new sever so which requirements i want ?

LOL. answer some of question above!!

• @2014 did you manage to look into site optimization before seeking new requirements to replace current hardware? It would be helpful in my opinion though :)

• 20142014 Member

@tommy Okay give me time for send all details :)

• 20142014 Member

@cdrive i don't know about it, okay let me check it