Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Godaddy, WHT, Cpanel and WHMCS out!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

After Godaddy, WHT, Cpanel and WHMCS out!

TazTaz Member
edited September 2012 in General

looks like some on has targeted some one or group is targeting the big fishes!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1191333
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1191337

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2012

GoDaddy wasn't targeted and WHMCS/cPanel are on the same network.

• @KuJoe said: GoDaddy wasn't targeted...

Yeah apparently it was just some internal network problems.

• @KuJoe said: GoDaddy wasn't targeted...

They are claiming what ever they want to. They are yet to show any proof, if there's any, I am willing to edit my title.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

There for sure is a hell lot of DDOS attacks going around lately..

As a consumer, I would much rather hear it was a DDOS or a hacked server rather than their network died without any outside intervention. It's not a wise business choice to lie about something like that.

• @KuJoe said: As a consumer, I would much rather hear it was a DDOS or a hacked server rather than their network died without any outside intervention. It's not a wise business choice to lie about something like that.

I really won't buy that network outage claim. Someone as big as Godaddy wouldn't have redundant network or power setup is hard to believe unless they bought some old fdc location.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: They are yet to show any proof, if there's any, I am willing to edit my title.

Actually the people claiming to have hacked/DDoSsed Godaddy are the ones that have to provide proof.

I misspoke when I said "network died", I should have said "DNS died", their hosting was still online so their network was still working. As a company that makes their entire living off of DNS, that's even worse to admit.

• Oh noes the internets are dead.

This stuff happens, no matter how big you are; no system is perfect. As far as these "hackers" are going, I just think they're jumping on the bandwagon. Unless we see some proof then I'm doubtful

• Something somewhere makes me feel like we really do need internet authority. After all, when was the last time you heard chinese police sites are getting hacked or DDOs originated from china?

• Did you ever see china bandwith? Trust me china people do hack police site. Let's not forget china hates bad press.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@dragonballz2k said: Let's not forget china hates the press.

Fixed.
    M

• cPanel.NET now is working to me but WHT.COM is very slow :)

• Lets not forget vincient chan

• cPanel and WHMCS are still down/not functional for me. Second blow to WHMCS in a short period of time and this ain't good for cPanel.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: They are yet to show any proof, if there's any, I am willing to edit my title.

If some random group posts on Twitter claiming they're responsible people would take that over any sane reasoning GoDaddy may actually offer them even if the "facts" were staring them right in the face.

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

Weren't the attack on LEB was claimed by some random person? ( even if it was fake?) I can see many reason why they wouldn't want to accept the attack. Specially for company of godaddy's size ........