Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW! OpenVZ + Crissic Refugees + Jacksonville, Florida, USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW! OpenVZ + Crissic Refugees + Jacksonville, Florida, USA

HostMyBytes announces the latest data center location: Jacksonville, Florida, USA (GoRack).

While other cheap VPS companies are leaving Jacksonville (and the hosting industry) HostMyBytes is growing. We are growing in the same data center (GoRack) with the same network that people love in Jacksonville.

Now welcoming all former Crissic Solutions customers! 
Get migrated in Jacksonville before they have you offline.

Quadranet Creates Crissic VPS Refugees

Initially, we are offering OpenVZ services only. We have a waiting list for KVM and inventory will become available as the list builds.

Price Matching

We will match all legitimate prices and plan specs for FORMER Crissic VPS customers (both on OpenVZ and KVM) who pay monthly. Provide us with proof of recent cancellation (August 10th, 2015 or later) and proof of your plan pricing and plan spec. You can do that via our ticketing system.

Jacksonville OpenVZ VPS Special Introductory Offers:

OpenVZ services are being provided on dual hexa core Xeon X5650 servers with RAID-10 disk and 1 Gbps uplink. SolusVM is being used for the control panel.

JAX256MB

256MB RAM

x2 CPU

30GB RAID10 HDD

1TB BW

1 IPv4 IP

/64 IPv6 Subnet

$2 / month

$15/ year

JAX512MB

512 MB RAM

x2 CPU

50GB RAID10 HDD

2TB BW

1 IPv4 IP

/64 IPv6 Subnet

$4 / month

$30 / year

JAX1024MB

1024MB RAM

x3 CPU

100GB RAID10 HDD

4TB BW

1 IPv4 IP

/64 IPv6 Subnet

$6 / month

Resellers, Affiliates and Those Left Holding Credit

Yes, we have an affiliate program and a VPS reseller program.

If you are a former Crissic reseller, affiliate or customer stuck with Crissic credit, we are willing to work with you also. Please contact us here to discuss your credits.

Thanked by 1karabore

Comments

• I didn't expect someone to take advantage of the fact Crissic was taken over...

• FlamesRunner said: I didn't expect someone to take advantage of the fact Crissic was taken over...

Why not? People think it's just "business"

• I recently renewed my yearly plan in July with Crissic. Are there any special offers for those of us who aren't on monthlies?

• Rob92 said: I recently renewed my yearly plan in July with Crissic. Are there any special offers for those of us who aren't on monthlies?

I am sure something can be worked out. Send us a sales ticket/chat with proof of this and we'll be happy to work with you

• @HostMyBytes said:
    I am sure something can be worked out. Send us a sales ticket/chat with proof of this and we'll be happy to work with you

Awesome, I'll hop on chat

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • will match annual 256?

• neills said: will match annual 256?

Yes, just send in a ticket or chat with proof and we'll do it

• rokokrokok Member
    edited August 2015

Will you match SSD storage, free incoming bandwidth?

• rokok said: Will you match SSD storage, free incoming bandwidth?

We're not offering SSDs there, but you should check out BuyVM or RamNode if SSDs are a must. As for free incoming bandwidth, we can do that.

• Had a great chat with the friendly and helpful support! Can't wait to move my services over :)

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • ehabehab Member

Crissic Refugees! i didn't read they are shutting down, in fact the takeover email mentions keep pricing and quality. I am sorry but this disappoints me in HostMyBytes.

Thanked by 1JoeBiss
  • no shut down they move. you have down time soon.

• ehabehab Member

@neills said:
    no shut down they move. you have down time soon.

the vps i have with crissic has the highest uptime and if such down time for moving is understandable. if in future quality is degraded then i'll become a refugee but now not.

Thanked by 1neills
  • marlmarl Member

i have 512mb plan with 2ip for $21/year in Crissic.

• So I have been personally wondering... where does this "it's just business" mentality come from?

On topic, I do wish you well, Hostmybytes. Take care of the folks in JAX.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • marl said: i have 512mb plan with 2ip for $21/year in Crissic.

Feel free to reach out and I am sure we can match this.

• karabore said: So I have been personally wondering... where does this "it's just business" mentality come from?

Acquisitions in the low end segment seldom go well--often there are migrations and service degradations. As of right now, there is a void in the Jacksonville niche, and we're filling it.

If some think it ignoble to seize an opportunity, that's another discussion, and we'd be happy to talk about that, just in a new thread.

On topic, I do wish you well, Hostmybytes. Take care of the folks in JAX.

Thank you. We have worked with GoRack and plan to have a long term presence there.

• Haha funny photo! i recommend HMB jump in guys tyler will take care of u :D

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • I have 12 VPS with Crissic, highest uptime, fast network, I feel satisfied!

• The problem with this plan for me anyway is I have to cancel first. That means my server is without a home for a while.

• AverageGuy said: The problem with this plan for me anyway is I have to cancel first. That means my server is without a home for a while.

You do not necessarily have to cancel first. We can easily have both servers running side-by-side to make facilitating your data transfers easier.