Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to cancel ovh domain from OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to cancel ovh domain from OVH

Anyone still remember the free ovh domains? How do i cancel it? I assume it will be charged for renewal am i right?

Comments

• When I log in to the manager, there is a button on the right that says "renew" - so I would assume it is like with all their other services: Just don't pay and it gets cancelled.

• @Bochi said:
    When I log in to the manager, there is a button on the right that says "renew" - so I would assume it is like with all their other services: Just don't pay and it gets cancelled.

Will if affect my other services? I have a few kimsufis on that account.

• You can just not renew it is the best way. If you want to get rid of it before then the only way is to fill out a domain deletion form and put it in the post (no kidding). I just did it for a few domains and a few days later they deleted the domains from my account.

Thanked by 1sekjun9878
  • @cosmicgate said:

It does not affect other services, done it a few times with kimisurf and domains without an issue

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2015

@cosmicgate said:
    Anyone still remember the free ovh domains? How do i cancel it? I assume it will be charged for renewal am i right?

If you have credits (or registered payment methods) in your OVH account they'll automatically renew it; you have to explicitely disallow renewal in the Manager interface.
    Go to Billing > My Services - there you can choose 'Cancel' (= no renewal, force deletion) for selected hosting/server/domain upon expiry.