WHMCS Autoupdater utility
I got this idea since whmcs is lazy enough to implement it anyway heres what I have in mind.
1. A central GUI where multiple servers / vps that possess whmcs can be linked, their mysql id pass, IP and whmcs paths are specified while adding the server.
2. As soon as added a cronjob on the central GUI fetches version information from each server and updates the central's database with respective version details
3. You can specify the latest version on your GUI and place a file link of the respected version either stored locally or somewhere else.
4. You can turn on auto update feature or manually click update button and rest of the job is taken care of by the GUI. ( I have to try implement background process using screen or something to try to make this unattended post initiation of update process)
5. If everything goes smoothly you'll receive an email on your admin account mail when done or error logs are given out.
This will only download the zip, unzip it and merge.
Doesnt update database releases if any ( well not yet )
You have to manually specify version and upload file or file link of the new whmcs release.
You dont need to login every server and update it yourself ( incase of multiple whmcs installations )
I dont know any other pros.
If many would prefer this to be released then I'll make it open source on github or this will be only private.