Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to fix " Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required "
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to fix " Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required "

20142014 Member
edited July 2015 in Help

How i fix this issue?

Warning: require(/phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysitedic/public_html/mailer.php on line 2

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysitedic/public_html/mailer.php on line 2

and

Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

My SMTP settings are right but i don't know why this error coming :(

Comments

• The error means the file it is looking for does not exist, it is currently looking in the root / and not its current location.

There is normally a config file or entry that you set to tell it the location of the script such as "/home/mysitedic/public_html/"

Thanked by 12014
  • It means that the file (PHPMailerAutoload.php) doesn't exist. Maybe the file is located in phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php instead of /phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php? If that's the case, the correct code would be:

require('phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php');

Basically, just include the correct path for the file and I believe it would work afterwards.

Thanked by 12014
  • 20142014 Member

@Verelox Thank you very much.. Now coming

Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

• Did the fatal error go away? If so, I would check the SMTP settings - perhaps enabling debug mode might help as well. To do so, insert the following code before attempting to send the message (replace $smtp with the correct variable):

$smtp->SMTPDebug = 1; 

Thanked by 12014
  • Have you opened your port. If not, that would be the case.

Thanked by 22014 doghouch
  • 20142014 Member
    edited July 2015

@Verelox and @sdglhm Here is code im using

<?php
        require('phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php');

$mail = new PHPMailer;
        //$mail->SMTPDebug = 1;                               // Enable verbose debug output

$mail->IsSMTP();                                      // Set mailer to use SMTP
        $mail->Host = 'smtp.mandrillapp.com';                 // Specify main and backup server
        $mail->Port = 587;                                    // Set the SMTP port
        $mail->SMTPAuth = true;                               // Enable SMTP authentication
        $mail->Username = '[email protected]';                // SMTP username
        $mail->Password = 'WJFu-3T1GFYS-17zTGGsA';                  // SMTP password
        $mail->SMTPSecure = 'tls';                            // Enable encryption, 'ssl' also accepted

$mail->From = '[email protected]';
        $mail->FromName = 'Your From name';
        $mail->AddAddress('[email protected]', 'Josh Adams');  // Add a recipient
        $mail->AddAddress('[email protected]');               // Name is optional

$mail->IsHTML(true);                                  // Set email format to HTML

$mail->Subject = 'Here is the subject';
        $mail->Body    = 'This is the HTML message body <strong>in bold!</strong>';
        $mail->AltBody = 'This is the body in plain text for non-HTML mail clients';

if(!$mail->Send()) {
           echo 'Message could not be sent.';
           echo 'Mailer Error: ' . $mail->ErrorInfo;
           exit;
        }

echo 'Message has been sent';
        ?>

• 20142014 Member

Still not working,., same error :(

• as far as I know mandrill requires dkim and spf setup, php mailer should not work, I think ;P

• 20142014 Member

@century1stop said:
    as far as I know mandrill requires dkim and spf setup, php mailer should not work, I think ;P

This same settings working in shared Host :) but not working in my New VPS host

• 2014 said: require('phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php');

That's saying that the file PHPMailerAutoload.php is in a subdirectory called phpmailer.

Is it?

If not, fix the path so you script can find the PHPMailerAutoload.php file.

Thanked by 12014
  • Please disable the API key you have posted here "$mail->Password = 'WJFu-3T1GFYS-17zTGGsA'; " in Mandrill. Some else can use it and you might get into trouble.

Disable and create a new one............

@2014 said:
    Verelox and sdglhm Here is code im using

<?php
    >         require('phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php');
    >         
    >         $mail = new PHPMailer;
    >         //$mail->SMTPDebug = 1;                               // Enable verbose debug output
    >         
    >         $mail->IsSMTP();                                      // Set mailer to use SMTP
    >         $mail->Host = 'smtp.mandrillapp.com';                 // Specify main and backup server
    >         $mail->Port = 587;                                    // Set the SMTP port
    >         $mail->SMTPAuth = true;                               // Enable SMTP authentication
    >         $mail->Username = '[email protected]';                // SMTP username
    >         $mail->Password = 'WJFu-3T1GFYS-17zTGGsA';                  // SMTP password
    >         $mail->SMTPSecure = 'tls';                            // Enable encryption, 'ssl' also accepted
    >         
    >         $mail->From = '[email protected]';
    >         $mail->FromName = 'Your From name';
    >         $mail->AddAddress('[email protected]', 'Josh Adams');  // Add a recipient
    >         $mail->AddAddress('[email protected]');               // Name is optional
    >         
    >         $mail->IsHTML(true);                                  // Set email format to HTML
    >         
    >         $mail->Subject = 'Here is the subject';
    >         $mail->Body    = 'This is the HTML message body in bold!';
    >         $mail->AltBody = 'This is the body in plain text for non-HTML mail clients';
    >         
    >         if(!$mail->Send()) {
    >            echo 'Message could not be sent.';
    >            echo 'Mailer Error: ' . $mail->ErrorInfo;
    >            exit;
    >         }
    >         
    >         echo 'Message has been sent';
    >         ?>

Thanked by 12014
  • 20142014 Member

@sleddog said:

i have fixed that problem... This same settings working in shared Host :) but not working in my New VPS host

• 20142014 Member
    edited July 2015

@bytechef Tahnk you for reply.. don't worry i have put Wrong password and username :)

Thanked by 1logixmedia
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Googled similar issues with the resolution (regarding path)

http://community.sitepoint.com/t/phpmailer-require-fatal-error/191448/21

• 2014 said: i have fixed that problem... This same settings working in shared Host :) but not working in my New VPS host

So is it working now or not? If not, what is the error?

• 2014 said: This same settings working in shared Host :) but not working in my New VPS host

->

century1stop said: dkim and spf setup

Have you configured the Dkim and SPF

• 20142014 Member

@sleddog said:

Dear " " Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required " " The problem is solved now... But now showing " Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. "

• 20142014 Member

@sdglhm said:
    Have you configured the Dkim and SPF

Not yet.. I Don't Know What It Is, but this problem is coming to new host.. Shared Host working this code well and when i refresh page email is going to inbox.. but not working for VPS :(

• I am sure you might have done most of the troubleshooting listed in the following page, if not try some of them:

https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

Especially set the smtp debug mode to 3 or 4...

@2014 said:
    Not yet.. I Don't Know What It Is, but this problem is coming to new host.. Shared Host working this code well and when i refresh page email is going to inbox.. but not working for VPS :(

• 20142014 Member

@bytechef @sdglhm @sleddog @Clouvider Thank you for help.. i think host SMTP my own host...i already bought VPS for it but i don't know how i setup..

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@2014 managing your mail server is not only about setting it up. Use Mandrill if you have no prior experience with that.

Thanked by 12014
  • shared hosting comes with mail server? ;P

Thanked by 12014
  • 20142014 Member

@Clouvider said:
    2014 managing your mail server is not only about setting it up. Use Mandrill if you have no prior experience with that.

Thanks.. but i don't know how to fix " Message could not be sent.Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. "

• He is using Mandrill as I see there

$mail->Host = 'smtp.mandrillapp.com';

@Clouvider said:
    2014 managing your mail server is not only about setting it up. Use Mandrill if you have no prior experience with that.

Thanked by 12014
  • 20142014 Member

@century1stop said:
    shared hosting comes with mail server? ;P

i don't know, but i host all phpmailer file to my shared host... and its working :)

• 20142014 Member

@bytechef said:
    He is using Mandrill as I see there

$mail->Host = 'smtp.mandrillapp.com';

Yes.. After i moved all files to new host, this error coming

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited July 2015

guess you probably need a mail server, vps doesn't have it out of the box, only sendmail ;)
    did your host block port 25?

• logixmedialogixmedia Member
    edited July 2015

Then you should be using the Mandrill API....

Follow the instructions in this link:

https://mandrillapp.com/api/docs/index.php.html

I have done this couple of times and works neat....

Created a function as follows:

function mandrill_mail() {

require_once('vendors/mandrill/Mandrill.php'); this should point to the location of the Mandrill file

try {
                            $mandrill = new Mandrill('jd_dfsdf_sdVFEQ'); // API key

$message = array(
                                'html' => '<p>Something goes here</p>',
                                'text' => 'Some text',
                                'subject' => 'Subject text',
                                'from_email' => '[email protected]',
                                'from_name' => 'Senders name',
                                'to' => array(
                                    array(
                                        'email' => '[email protected]',
                                        'name' => 'Receivers name',
                                        'type' => 'to'
                                    )
                                )

);

$result = $mandrill->messages->send($message);
                            if ($result) {
                                $_SESSION['success'] = "It will be approved after verification.";
                                header('location: success.php');
                            }

} catch(Mandrill_Error $e) {
                        // Mandrill errors are thrown as exceptions
                        echo 'A mandrill error occurred: ' . get_class($e) . ' - ' . $e->getMessage();
                        // A mandrill error occurred: Mandrill_Unknown_Subaccount - No subaccount exists with the id 'customer-123'
                        throw $e;
                    }

}

Thanked by 12014
  • 20142014 Member

@bytechef said:

I have Removed " $mail->IsSMTP(); " line, now showing " Message has been sent " but now coming any message for my mail

• 20142014 Member
    edited July 2015

@bytechef Here is error Logs

[Wed Jul 22 19:31:37.891370 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 1122] [client 108.000.000.109:16793] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/mysite/public_html/error_log
        [Wed Jul 22 13:47:01.219947 2015] [core:alert] [pid 23803] [client 173.245.000.000:31912] /home/mysite/public_html/.htaccess: <Directory not allowed here
        [Wed Jul 22 13:46:40.707102 2015] [core:alert] [pid 23806] [client 108.162.000.000:26568] /home/mysite/public_html/.htaccess: <Directory not allowed here, referer: http://mysite/mailer.php