Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any providers that provide anycast similar to BuyVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any providers that provide anycast similar to BuyVM?

Hey all,

Was wondering if there were any other providers similar to BuyVM that offer anycast IPs with multiple locations. I'm going to assume there probably isn't, but it can't hurt to ask.

If not, any providers that are cheap/reliable and offer this for dedicated servers with a rented /24? (not colo)

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

No one currently. ISPs allowing you to colo and announce their /24 on another location are extremely rare as well.

• @William said:
    No one currently. ISPs allowing you to colo and announce their /24 on another location are extremely rare as well.

Yea that's what I figured. Maybe I'll have to rent a /24 separately. Hmm.

• With dedicated only you can entirely forget it - No one will allow you to announce their /24 external. Getting space external is much easier.

• @Jonchun - How many IPs and which locations?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Jonchun - How many IPs and which locations?

Locations minimum us +EU, better if there's something in Asia as well.
    IPs, I'm going to assume the smallest anyone wants to deal with is /24.

(I know this sounds stupid, but just looking for quotes/possible opportunities to provide some services at a le* price point. I don't actually expect too much out of this)

• @Jonchun - so you ideally want /24 or you want just a few IPs?

Delivery is usually on-site so VPS/Dedicated in that DC. Is there a specific number of locations?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Jonchun - so you ideally want /24 or you want just a few IPs?

Delivery is usually on-site so VPS/Dedicated in that DC. Is there a specific number of locations?

Cheaper is better. If there's a bulk discount for /24, then a /24 is better. There is no specific number of locations (more is better. I just need to know pricing).

This is scouting for a cdn service so you have a better idea of what I want to achieve.

• @Jonchun Left you a PM

• @Jonchun - there are a lot of people making CDN type services. If you want I can try to hook you up with some of them, maybe you can jointly develop it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Jonchun - there are a lot of people making CDN type services. If you want I can try to hook you up with some of them, maybe you can jointly develop it.

Sounds awesome. If you have any contacts pm me!

• rds100rds100 Member

Get your own /24, get your own AS, then start talking to providers about dedicated servers with a BGP session for announcing your /24 via BGP. Plenty of providers can do this, but get your own /24 and AS first.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We can do it. 2xUS, 1xEU, DDoS protected. Min /24

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @gbshouse said:
    We can do it. 2xUS, 1xEU, DDoS protected. Min /24

Pricing?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

Starting from 500€/m, 12 months contract

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @gbshouse said:
    Starting from 500€/m, 12 months contract

And the bw/details of what comes with it?