Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runabove verification...?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Runabove verification...?

swainswain Member

I was wondering how the verification process has gone for you guys. Last week I registered for runabove and sent the ticket with my information phone, etc. So part of their verification is calling your phone as you all well know. Since I live in California(PST) their calls all come in extremely early (5:00pm GMT +2 at the latest). The First call I missed was at 6 am pst and the second at 8 am pst. I get that they need to verify to prevent fraud, however, why can't they use an automated phone system? So I have essentially been trying to get verified for over a week to no avail.

Its a little frustrating so I felt the need to fume a little. I was curious how the verification went for you guys? I typically only hear positive things.

Comments

• Have you try sending ID copy and billing proof. Since runabove from OVH. They usually asks for those kind of verification documents. If you're a company, you can send BR

• swainswain Member

@sdglhm said:
    Have you try sending ID copy and billing proof. Since runabove from OVH. They usually asks for those kind of verification documents. If you're a company, you can send BR

Yea I've sent my ID with the original ticket response. That's why I'm surprised it has been such a hassle.

• They had a broken phone verification system and I kindly requested to "approve" my account via support ticket. After one day my account was verified and no issue so far.

• My account was verified in less than 6 hours. (Early 2012)

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

Mine went flawlessly, but I'm in their same timezone. They called me at normal business hours.

However 8 AM doesn't seem too early - does it?

• swainswain Member

@Traffic said:
    Mine went flawlessly, but I'm in their same timezone. They called me at normal business hours.

However 8 AM doesn't seem too early - does it?

Not terribly early, but i work rather late hours making it hard to be awake that early.

I'll try and see if i can put in a support ticket

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited June 2015

You know what's stupid with OVH'S fraud system?

You can have an active account with OVH directly and kimsufi then you sign up with runabove then they suddenly ask to verify you.

However once you're verified the service is worth it, just that one little quirk I'm not satisfied with.

• J1021J1021 Member

nexmark said: You can have an active account with OVH directly and kimsufi then you sign up with runabove then they suddenly ask to verify you.

Or even better you can have a service running smoothly and suddenly one day they want ID for every invoice you pay.

• kcaj said: Or even better you can have a service running smoothly and suddenly one day they want ID for every invoice you pay.

Are you using a proxy or something like that, or different billing address and location? Else it doesn't make much sense.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

They obviously don't want you to be their customer :) my OVH verification was very tedious as well.

• getvpsgetvps Member

Offtopic: RunAbove using KVM?

• Thanked by 1getvps