Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Shared] Looking for shared hosting CHEAP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Shared] Looking for shared hosting CHEAP

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited June 2015 in Requests

Looking for small shared hosting for sites I`ve built for people and use for my own personal sites to separate it from my main stuff.

Looking for suggestions of some of the bigger company's. Currently using NameCheap (I know..) But it was cheap for the first year and of course after that its a rip off.

I need to host it with somewhere reputable. Prefer USA but will consider.

10GB Space (More the better)
at least 10 addon domains
None of this 1MB I/O crap which causes problems when more than a few people access a page with images.

Willing to Pay yearly, Monthly could be better.

Comments

• buyshared.net (aff. link)

$10/yr for 10gb and it comes with a dedicated IP too

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

+1 for buyshared.net

Or you can get a cheap VPS and host yourself. You can install VestaCP, ISPConfig or i-MSCP all are free. You will have to manage everything yourself, unless if you get a managed server but that would be expensive compared to unmanaged/shared.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

10GB is pretty much for "some small sites", are you sure you will need it all?

• @hyelton said:
    I need to host it with somewhere reputable. Prefer USA but will consider.
    None of this 1MB I/O crap which causes problems when more than a few people access a page with images.

Thing is what is 'cheap' to you? I know this is LowEndTalk but a budget idea might of be a good thing to add... I mean you may be thinking $2/mo is perfect pricing for you but in all honesty you may not get somewhere reputable or reliable for that price.

@mikho - His clients might have lots of images/portfolios of their work. If he's asking for no 1MB/s IO then that's probably the case...

Regardless of your budget I strongly suggest checking up reviews on the host as there'd be nothing worse than signing up for a year and the host turn to crap after a month... I would recommend only purchasing monthly until you have a track record with a provider and know you can trust them for a year.

• Here are GalaxyHostPlus plans https://galaxyhostplus.com/shared.php
    You can also test it by level 1 for $0.01 first month after you can upgrade if you happy with our service or just cancel service anytiime. Promotional Code: OneCent

If you need any custom configuration let me know.
    And we don't put any CPU or I/O limit.

• NavynNavyn Member

Try our shared hosting plans if they suits for you.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

If 10gb disk is required then purchase a VPS instead of hosting plan.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    @mikho - His clients might have lots of images/portfolios of their work. If he's asking for no 1MB/s IO then that's probably the case...

It is still a lot of space, even if it was images and they are 5MB each. Hos much space is used today and what is the expected growth of the site?

• @mikho said:
    It is still a lot of space, even if it was images and they are 5MB each. Hos much space is used today and what is the expected growth of the site?

He said it was for multiple sites though, not just one?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    If 10gb disk is required then purchase a VPS instead of hosting plan.

Because I want simple access and control. cPanel for 10 or so domains. And keep my 800GB worth of high traffic sites on there own on my current server b

• And not sure how well a low end VPS would Handle several Wordpress sites with plugins lol

@IThinkUFailed said:
    He said it was for multiple sites though, not just one?

Why are you assuming so much? Do you know what content is on the sites?
    My questions are directed towards @hyelton , not you.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

@hyelton, depending if you really need 10GB space or not, you might want to test te $5/year package that I offer in Miami.

• BruceBruce Member

$10/yr for 10GB HDD space. comes with cpanel, softaculous, cloudflare, and other usual features. 1 week free trial - try before you buy

servers in phoenix and LA.

• @mikho said:
    Why are you assuming so much? Do you know what content is on the sites?

My questions are directed towards @hyelton , not you.

Well see the thing is I've read the original post where the user specifically used this as his opening line: Looking for small shared hosting for sites I`ve built for people and use for my own personal sites

Not to mention a post or two down he actually answers the content with:

@hyelton said:
    And not sure how well a low end VPS would Handle several Wordpress sites with plugins lol

So no. I am not assuming anything. I've read the information provided by @hyelton and as I was in his shoes looking for replacement shared hosting only a couple weeks ago I want to help him. I also wanted to gather more information so that I could find some other well known providers that may work for him.

The only assumption that was made by me was in regards to IO because the OP explicitly stated:

10GB Space (More the better) at least 10 addon domains None of this 1MB I/O crap which causes problems when more than a few people access a page with images.

All in all I think it was a rather safe assumption based on the information provided...

I also run a wordpress that has approximately 2300 images that have been optimized and reduced to save on storage and it totals to about 6GB. So this isn't that unrealistic in terms of storage requirement if he is running multiple sites.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I also run a wordpress that has approximately 2300 images that have been optimized and reduced to save on storage and it totals to about 6GB. So this isn't that unrealistic in terms of storage requirement if he is running multiple sites.

in all I think it was a rather safe assumption based on the information provided...

Here we go again, you assume that since you have A site (as in one site) that uses 6GB disk all sites must use that amount.

I also run multiple Wordpress sites, some are larger in terms of disk space, most are however only a few pages with only a couple of images on each page, using only 100 or so mb.

Not to mention the "funny image" site that I have that uses 60 GB for the images (not wordpress). Can we agree that all sites are not equal and doesn't require the same specifications to run?

So instead of focusing on me and my replies, direct your questions towards @hyelton who is the only one that has the correct information.
    Perhaps the correct question would have been "Are these portfolio sites with multiple (10+) images on each page in High Definition?"

Oh, and there are no safe assumptions. you never know when that safe assumption might come back and bite you in the ass.

• PM'd with our offer

• MrVPSMrVPS Member

As I can see you are developer and in such cases you need Reseller Hosting.

• Only 1 site would have a ton of images and that would be my personal site. So it would prob use the most. But I might just put the photography side into my dedi. But the rest im sure I can fit in a 10GB plan. I just wanted extra room.

• Also reliability is a must. 2 sites are for businesses.

• Buyshared all the way.

• AICAIC Member

Hay,

Check out $1 web hosting for a month. http://aicheapwebhosting.com Let us know if you are interested in the deal.

• Sorry, but there is just no way you can beat what buyshared is offering at that price point and service/credibility behind it.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

Here's another vote for BuyShared.

• @Dillybob said:
    Sorry, but there is just no way you can beat what buyshared is offering at that price point and service/credibility behind it.

But buyshared has that horrible 1MB i/o limit

@hyelton
    If you want to test, reseller package. Use Promo: UKT6O1LN1K for a "small" discount.

• If you are looking for dedicated resource based Cloud platform with cPanel. Try ours http://www.centriohost.com/shared-web-hosting.html

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hyelton said:
    But buyshared has that horrible 1MB i/o limit

No, we increased it to 20~25MB/sec on all accounts. If you're seeing 1MB let me know, I likely missed something.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Looks like I'll be signing back up! Thanks!

• You should try $1 Web Hosting where you will get free domain when you buy 12 month package which will cost $12 for both hosting and domain that to from godaddy