Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good app to keep track of VPS/domains?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good app to keep track of VPS/domains?

AeneAene Member

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good Android app to keep track of VPS-servers and domains? Preferably one where one can get an easy overview of things like IP, location, OS, time to pay, which DNS/mailserver/webserver,...

Comments

• cassacassa Member

Why an Android app...

https://github.com/KuJoe/KToYS

• @cassa said:
    Why an Android app...

Thanks a lot! I'll install it now.

And of course thanks a lot @KuJoe!

• AeneAene Member

@cassa said:
    Why an Android app...

I was mostly thinking it could be nice to have it easy accessible on my phone. But thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

• cassacassa Member

@Aene said:
    I was mostly thinking it could be nice to have it easy accessible on my phone. But thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

Well, this is web based so there you go :-)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

Thanks all for recommending and using my KToYS script. :)

I'm working on an update to automatically change the due date for services once the current due date has passed. Once I get that finished I have more planned for this script.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@KuJoe said:

I'm working on an update to automatically change the due date for services once the current due date has passed. Once I get that finished I have more planned for this script.

Yeah!

• Hmm nice idea. Maybe I'll develop such an Android app. Shouldn't be too much to do.

• if you have so many VPS with so many different companies that you can't keep track of them all, why not just rent a dedi from somewhere and create your own bunch of VPS's to take all the services you're running?

also, if you have VPS's that aren't doing anything, why not just cancel the dormant ones?

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Ever heard of "don't put your eggs in one basket"? That and the fact that people buy a VPS from one particular company for very specific tasks, or due to location. Et cetera.

Then there's those who treat their VPSes not unlike those who engage in stamp collection, coin collection, or similar hobbies ;)

@testingtesting said:
    if you have so many VPS with so many different companies that you can't keep track of them all, why not just rent a dedi from somewhere and create your own bunch of VPS's to take all the services you're running?

also, if you have VPS's that aren't doing anything, why not just cancel the dormant ones?

Thanked by 1alaningus

Pushed an update so the Due Date updates when index.php is loaded (may need to refresh the page a few times to get it current). I apologize ahead of time for anybody who has invoices due on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of a month because I couldn't get the update script working properly for months without that many days in them.

Thanked by 1DanielB
  • ATHKATHK Member

@KuJoe said:
    Pushed an update so the Due Date updates when index.php is loaded (may need to refresh the page a few times to get it current). I apologize ahead of time for anybody who has invoices due on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of a month because I couldn't get the update script working properly for months without that many days in them.

Responsive design please..

edited June 2015

@ATHK said:
    Responsive design please..

I thought Bootstrap was responsive?

EDIT: Oops, I guess I'm not using Bootstrap anymore. In that case, if anybody wants to make a new design that would be awesome because I probably won't be.

• Nice script you have here, I was wondering if there is an easy way to make the system use MySQL instead of SQLite ?

• heachhog said: Nice script you have here, I was wondering if there is an easy way to make the system use MySQL instead of SQLite ?

Wouldn't that be a bit of overkill? Yes, it's extremely easy to move it to MySQL, but why would you...

@heachhog said:
    Nice script you have here, I was wondering if there is an easy way to make the system use MySQL instead of SQLite ?

I could, but I specifically wrote this script so I could avoid using MySQL to make it as lightweight (and portable) as possible. You can switch over to MySQL by only changing a few lines of code and an altered install query.

• @KuJoe said:

Now I'm curious, any details on what you have planned? It's a very nice script so far, simple and does what it needs to!

@DanielB said:
    Now I'm curious, any details on what you have planned? It's a very nice script so far, simple and does what it needs to!

I am going to add some method of importing services. I went on a buying spree the other week and adding 30+ services individually by hand won't be fun.

Thanked by 2Traffic vimalware
  • I got around to documenting everything I meticulously in a Google docs spreadsheet.

This also gives me offline read-only access to it via Google drive's integration with their 'sheets' app on Android.

It's practically the only thing I use Drive for.

I figure if I ever need to query/import the contents, Google is more likely to have some api for that. (Haven't checked).

edited June 2015

Pushed an update to allow easier importing from a comma separated list and a script to generate said list for service resources (I'll try to add CSV file imports later). @GIANT_CRAB also added the ability to get data from the script using JSON.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Very nice @KuJoe

I track my stuff in a Google Docs Spreadsheet. The only other fields I have are

• ssh port
    • type (OvZ, KVM, etc.)
    • OS (Debian 7, etc.)
    • Clickable links to the provider's billing and control panel pages

On my never-will-be-completed list of todos, I plan to move my config DB it to a database so it can be queried and integrated into my nightly scripts.

Thanked by 1PremiumN
  • BochiBochi Member

@raindog308 said:
    I track my stuff in a Google Docs Spreadsheet. The only other fields I have are

Did this too and until I saw this nice little script of KuJoe I thought it would be more than enough. :P
    Now I feel tempted to check out that thing!