Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Smtp error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Smtp error

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited August 2012 in Help

Hello,

Lately I have been dealing with trying to make sure our emails for Fliphost are delivered and not sent to spam. I saw someone recommend the service SMTP.com , so I decided to give it a try. Most of the time it works great, but at random times Whmcs will give me the error when sending an email:

SMTP Error: Could not Authenticate

My login details are correct. Another error it sometimes throws is:

SMTP Error: Data not accepted

Most of the time, this service works great, but the times it does not happens enough that I want this resolved. Have any of you had this problem? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious.

Comments

• I haven't seen this, been using mandrill.com

Thanked by 1Asim
  • klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

One possibility is that you had hit the rate limit or so...
    <derail>You might want to consider SendGrid or AWS SES</derail>

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited August 2012

Not used SMTP.com myself, Mailgun has been awesome for us (shows clicks, open rates & also spam report rates etc).

• I just use gmail for domain email and using whmcs's smtp for email. No problems so far.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

Topic: WHMCS Smtp error
    Reply: I uses xxxx.com and gives me no error whatsoever.

• This is due to the connection to SMTPs servers or Invalid emails I assume; I have zero issues but occasionally see this.

Nothing to worry about though.

• @Jacob what do you mean nothing to worry about? Is the email put in some sort of queue to retry after a failed SMTP auth?

• AsimAsim Member

@Damian said: I haven't seen this, been using mandrill.com

Same here, mandrill is awesome

• TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

Why don't you use good ol' DaddyG? Something such as basic mail delivery can be done for almost at no cost using Google.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I like sendgrid, however the mandrill one will most likely be free for me, atleast this month.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Think I will switch to mandrill , I like the interface and I get a better deal.