Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for VPS in UK (not London) - 1vCPU - 512/1024MB ram/25GB disk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for VPS in UK (not London) - 1vCPU - 512/1024MB ram/25GB disk

Hello,

I've bought a VPS at WeLoveServers for 19 dollar/year (http://lowendbox.com/blog/weloveservers-19year-1gb-and-6month-2gb-in-five-locations-world-wide/) including 4vCPU, 1024MB ram, 30GB harddisk and 1TB traffic. Location is London.

Can somebody do me an offer for +/- the same at another location in the UK? I just need a CentOS 6.x OS.

Best regards,
Kris

Comments

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We have Bristol, UK - would that work?

• trexostrexos Member

The VPS from WLS isn't located in London, it's located in Maidstone.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@Zare said:
    We have Bristol, UK - would that work?

+1 For Zare.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited May 2015

-1 For Zare, look at this Threads http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1018176

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/856053/#Comment_1018176

Deleted my VPS without any notice and closed tickets without answering.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited May 2015

kriskenbe said: Location is London

Not exactly. Maidstone (where WLS's DC is) is as far away from London as Manchester is from Liverpool.

A lot of providers who advertise 'London' are not actually that close to London. Maidenhead is another one of those locations, but it's a good 70 miles away from Maidstone - Quite a few providers operate out of there too, so if diversity is your concern that should suffice.

@Frecyboy said:
    -1 For Zare, look at this Threads http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1018176

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/856053/#Comment_1018176

Deleted my VPS without any notice and closed tickets without answering.

VPS's are never deleted without reason, can you PM me your email address so I can check what happened?

• Zare said: VPS's are never deleted without reason, can you PM me your email address so I can check what happened?

Done

@Frecyboy said:

Seems like your credit ran out and there was no active payment method.

• OK, that have to sound foolish of me ... everywhere i looked at it was mentioned as "London".
    So, even London is great (i think i have to remove the WLS vps : it's really slow!).

@Zare : is it possible to give me a price per year?

@kriskenbe said:
    OK, that have to sound foolish of me ... everywhere i looked at it was mentioned as "London".
    So, even London is great (i think i have to remove the WLS vps : it's really slow!).

Zare : is it possible to give me a price per year?

For 1GB, it would be £60 per year. That comes with DDoS protection as standard too.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited May 2015

Zare said: Seems like your credit ran out and there was no active payment method.

After it was deleted I still had £1,1 on my Account, but doesn't matter.
    However a notification about that would be nice for your customers, instead of just deleting the VM's.

@Frecyboy said:
    However a notification about that would be nice for your customers, instead of just deleting the VM's.

Was it free credit? Also multiple emails should have been sent.

I am sorry if you did not get them or was disappointed by the service.

I will add £2.50 back to your account for free.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@ElliotJ said:
    A lot of providers who advertise 'London' are not actually that close to London. Maidenhead is another one of those locations, but it's a good 70 miles away from Maidstone - Quite a few providers operate out of there too, so if diversity is your concern that should suffice.

If diversity is the label you get when purchasing the VPS, but in the end those locations all have pipes back to London. All you typically get is added latency because all those routes need to make their way back to London where the closest exchange usually is unless they have one or two peering points in their local DC's but that won't be the case for most routes.

@kriskenbe said:
    OK, that have to sound foolish of me ... everywhere i looked at it was mentioned as "London".

Zare : is it possible to give me a price per year?

Throw me a PM if you want something in London London.

Thanked by 2ElliotJ Nekki
  • Yes, I was to add my paypal, until I saw the VPS vanished, and seems like I don't got any mails about that, or they went to the spam folder.

• I got a very interesting offer in London itself, but can anyone please let me know if they can offer something in these cities:

• Manchester
    • Liverpool
    • Birmingham
    • Leeds
    • Edinburgh
    • Glasgow

@kriskenbe said:
    I got a very interesting offer in London itself, but can anyone please let me know if they can offer something in these cities:

• Manchester
    • Liverpool
    • Birmingham
    • Leeds
    • Edinburgh
    • Glasgow

For Manchester, try @MartinD, his stuff are pretty solid. OpenITC might have something in Leeds although last time I checked the network wasn't amazing. That's all I can think of on a budget, @ozfingwe runs a really nice shop and has stuff in Manchester and also London too but might not be in your budget range.

Thanked by 1MartinD
  • J1021J1021 Member

ElliotJ said: but it's a good 70 miles away from Maidstone

Is it really? Google make it ~16 miles outside of the London border.

Zare said: VPS's are never deleted without reason, can you PM me your email address so I can check what happened?

You suspended my VM after "receiving an abuse report regarding an outbound DoS". I was later told via live chat this was a "false positive". I asked further via live chat how such a mistake could be made and was ignored, so I opened a ticket asking for the full facts and that too was ignored.

http://img.kcaj.me/sc/Screenshot_at_19-32-12.png

Infinity said: If diversity is the label you get when purchasing the VPS, but in the end those locations all have pipes back to London. All you typically get is added latency because all those routes need to make their way back to London where the closest exchange usually is unless they have one or two peering points in their local DC's but that won't be the case for most routes.

Manchester is a great location for hosting outside of London. Level3/GTT/Cogent are all available in the city. IXManchester provides peering access onto networks such as VirginMedia and TalkTalk.

@kcaj said:
    Is it really? Google make it ~16 miles outside of the London border.

Remember, that's not the border of London, that's the border of Greater London which isn't really London. I live in so called 'Greater London', within the M25 and I'm still not technically living in London.

@kcaj said:
    Manchester is a great location for hosting outside of London. Level3/GTT/Cogent are all available in the city. IXManchester provides peering access onto networks such as VirginMedia and TalkTalk.

Yep, for the north Manchester is quite a good location.

• J1021J1021 Member

Infinity said: Remember, that's not the border of London, that's the border of Greater London which isn't really London. I live in so called 'Greater London', within the M25 and I'm still not technically living in London.

Ah, you're playing me at my own game! ;)

Yes, I'm working on the Greater London boundary there. I think there's bigger distinction between being within/outside the Greater London boundary than London vs Greater London. For example, passing Slough as off "London". (I'm looking at you DigitalOcean!)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Leeds isn't very good for connectivity. In the outer areas you struggle for fibre and in the centre its oversold to fuck.