Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ClamHost - Los Angeles - DDoS Protection - SSD cPanel Hosting From $1.38m/o
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ClamHost - Los Angeles - DDoS Protection - SSD cPanel Hosting From $1.38m/o

tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
edited May 2015 in Offers

ClamHost specializes in affordable anti-ddos hosting solutions. we strive to offer the best possible service with outstanding customer support and uptime. we have been offering Anti-DDoS Hosting solutions for over 2 years now.

Our Shared Hosting Product Utilizes CloudLinux and Comodo WAF alongside FastCGI and Mod Pagespeed with additional tuning done at server level. Providing our customers with not only a safe and secure hosting platform. resulting in Blazing fast load times that are 50% faster then our competition.

ClamHost utilizes arbor powered mitigation. with L7 Filtering that protects against nearly all HTTP Floods. we can even mitigate TCP Floods against any application. You have to contact us if you require special filtering. ClamHost has a total of 80Gbps filtering capacity if you require anymore then 20Gbps please contact our sales department [email protected]

Every Shared Hosting account includes 3GB Virtual Memory with 30% of 1 core limitation. if anyone is using above this fair limit that is imposed we suggest upgrading to a VPS. as our shared hosting services are intended to run sites that have medium traffic. This limit can be increased by upgrading to Semi Dedicated Hosting. this can be done from $7m/o to accommodate any High Usage sites that require more then 30% of 1 core

Use the Promotion Code: LET to get a 40% recurring monthly discount!

DDoS Protected Shared Hosting Plans

Clam

5GB Storage
 50GB Premium Traffic
 1 Addon Domain
 Unlimited Features

$1.38 Monthly
 $16.56 Yearly

Order Clam Now: https://billing.clamhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Network Information

GTT / NTT / Level3 - DDoS Protected Blend
 PCCW - Asia Optimized Blend

IPv4 Test: 104.255.227.44
 IPv6 Test: 2604:d180:9:15::2
 100MB Test:  http://lg.lax.ee0.us/100MB.test
 Looking Glass: http://lg.lax.ee0.us/

Shared Hosting Features

Free Account Migration
 Latest cPanel Version
 Latest Apache Version
 MariaDB
 Comodo Modsec Rules
 Daily Off Site Backups
 Softalocus Script Installer
 RAID-10 SSD Storage
 Enterprise HP Hardware
 Free 20Gbps (L4-L7 DDoS Filtering)
 100% Company Owned Hardware

Comments

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited May 2015

Get Your First Month Free using the Promotion Code 4LD9J91IDB Valid for up to 10 people

• kanakana Member

Your looking glass is down.

• @kana said:
    Your looking glass is down.

Yes already aware of that :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

Have a look at the pricing rules and update your post. Unless you want me to do it for you :)

Edited the original post.

• ATHKATHK Member

How fast is one core and what is 30% of that..?

• @ATHK said:
    How fast is one core and what is 30% of that..?

x5550 2.66Ghz

Clients have no issues running Forum Boards with between 10-50 users even with the 30% limitation.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2015

So 798MHZ thanks for not answering my question in full.

edited May 2015

@ATHK said:
    So 798MHZ thanks for not answering my question in full.

It's not measured in Mhz it's Cloudlinux Limits our CPUs per machine differ it's a 30% limit per core. it can be limited by Mhz Ghz but it is not. So you just made up a limit that is not entirely true.

So how was that not answering your question in full?

• ATHKATHK Member

You still haven't made it clear what 30% is then.

I assumed MHZ since you supplied a GHZ value with the CPU type above..

If all the CPUs are different get those speeds and do an average maybe?

Not trying to be a dick here but its not clear and very confusing ...

edited May 2015

@ATHK said:
    You still haven't made it clear what 30% is then.

I assumed MHZ since you supplied a GHZ value with the CPU type above..

If all the CPUs are different get those speeds and do an average maybe?

Not trying to be a dick here but its not clear and very confusing ...

Don't see how it's confusing. It's a 30% limit on 1 core that 99% of our clients never hit. Every other hosting company advertises it in a similar way. So there is no need to be breaking it down to further advertise it. Anyone hitting the 30% limit Our Hosting Product is not for them.

Also I must mention what I mentioned before. CPUs in our machines differ every server is completely different and is upgraded depending on it's success and requirements so it's not possible to tell you a value and it change next week. it's 30% and that is how we will continue to advertise it.

• ATHKATHK Member

So as a customer that doesn't know your infrastructure nor what software you use, how the in world will I know what 30% of 1 core is?

Do you get it at all?

Saying that no customers hit or come close to that limit doesn't help me at all.

Let's say I have a script it can use up to 40% of 1.2GHZ for 20 mins a day, how will this affect my "limit" on your servers? As each one differs how would I know I'm on a 1GHZ or 3GHZ CPU and how much I could potentially use and for how long?

edited May 2015

@ATHK said:
    So as a customer that doesn't know your infrastructure nor what software you use, how the in world will I know what 30% of 1 core is?

Do you get it at all?

Saying that no customers hit or come close to that limit doesn't help me at all.

Let's say I have a script it can use up to 40% of 1.2GHZ for 20 mins a day, how will this affect my "limit" on your servers? As each one differs how would I know I'm on a 1GHZ or 3GHZ CPU and how much I could potentially use and for how long?

Shared hosting is not for you then. I was being as transparent as possible. The limits are set by cloudlinux if you are using any cpu intensive scripts then look at a VPS.

Have any other questions please email [email protected]

• ATHKATHK Member

I find it odd that you can't even answer a question as simple as how much is 30%...

edited May 2015

@ATHK said:
    I find it odd that you can't even answer a question as simple as how much is 30%...

And again as I said if we upgrade our hosting machine the limits are irrelevant as it would have changed. Sorry if I feel the need to avoid offering something we cannot provide.

The limits allow for burst but if you are running cpu intensive scripts then shared hosting is not ideal for you. Again we dont have a lot of clients that hit the limit.

• ATHKATHK Member

But they're not .. you just don't get it.. I'm not going to respond anymore good luck with your "30% limit" that you don't even know yourself.. I have no idea how you'll police that.

edited May 2015

@ATHK said:
    But they're not .. you just don't get it.. I'm not going to respond anymore good luck with your "30% limit" that you don't even know yourself.. I have no idea how you'll police that.

The Limit is already in effect and has been protecting our Hosting Servers from abusive scripts and outbound DoS Attacks for the last year. and keeps our Shared Hosting Service running solid without any problems.