Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know about kimsufi.co.uk? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know about kimsufi.co.uk?

124»

Comments

• @earl said: So the 3 fall back ip's are available for an extra 1 euro each? Not free?

With the free dedi from ovh they gave me a fallback ip for free you just have to request it in the manager..

Order RIPE Failover IP (OVH Manager > Home > Dedicated servers > Services > RIPE IP FailOver) and you can then add upto 32 IP (@ 1 Eur/ip without vat) to your box.

Keep in mind that if you add Failover IP (OVH Manager > Home > Dedicated servers > Services > IP Fail-over)-
    a) You can add only 3 ip to your server, and
    b) You can't terminate this subscription in future.

Thanked by 1earl
  • Just wanted to let you know that I successfully ordered one of these Q6600 / 4GB servers yesterday.

They are randomly coming up and available.

Currently two in stock. http://www.isgenug.de/hot_deals/index.xml

sofort verfügbar *: 2

Nice server!

• @biplab said: You can't terminate this subscription in future.

Can't cancel Failover IP? Does it means that even I don't want to keep the server, but I still need to pay for the IP ?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@wahyan said: even I don't want to keep the server, but I still need to pay for the IP ?

Yes, till the end of your life.

• @wahyan said: Can't cancel Failover IP? Does it means that even I don't want to keep the server, but I still need to pay for the IP ?

I guess you don't have to pay for ip if you cancel your server. But for your server's lifetime with them, you can't cancel this subscription.

If you are not sure you can submit a ticket with them.

• Just a top about OVH/Kimsufi - all non European customers should not have to pay the VAT.
    However it is not automatically removed, you should raise support ticket and they get it done, it gives you 19% off which is a nice discount :)

• Yup, I contacted OVH Support about it and within 12 hours I had an e-mail saying they're refunding me and taking care of it within their system.

Then I receive another e-mail saying I have money in the bank from OVH.

Waddyup!

• ReeRee Member

@ssdvm Which website did you order from? My order via kimsufi.ie did not charge VAT.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@Ree said: @ssdvm Which website did you order from? My order via kimsufi.ie did not charge VAT.

I ordered from kimsufi.ie and it charged me. Double check your invoice please? (for my sake and for possibly yours)

Edit: yup just trialed my way through their billing system and it still adds VAT on .ie

• flyfly Member
    edited August 2012

@halfeatenpie as long as you don't have an address for a country that requires vat, and you didn't enter vat id, your final payment won't have vat. if you do, contact support and they'll hook you up

• @ssdvm said: you should raise support ticket and they get it done, it gives you 19% off which is a nice discount

after paid? or before it

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@fly: I know I contacted support and got it taken care of, but my address was my US address and I did not enter in a VAT ID. I'm just saying its odd That I had to pay VAT first and then had to contact support when you could have just gone straight without VAT

• In my case, I didn't pay the invoice. I submitted a ticket to adjust that invoice. After address verification they asked me to order again and by that time VAT was removed.

• ReeRee Member

@HalfEatenPie: just double checked my invoice -- 22.99 euro with 0% VAT

Canadian address though, so maybe their system is messed up and thought USA should pay VAT for some reason.

• @Ree: that could be one of it. Meh Support took care of it anyways so I'm happy :)