Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ABUSE ME!! XEN FULL H/T Core || 2GB RAM || 70GB RAID10 DISK || 1 TB BW $7/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ABUSE ME!! XEN FULL H/T Core || 2GB RAM || 70GB RAID10 DISK || 1 TB BW $7/mo

samblingsambling Member
edited April 2015 in Offers

holderhost LTD was formed in July 2012. If it is quality services you're seeking, then holderhost delivers. We are always looking to improve to ensure we offer fast, reliable and affordable hosting for our clients.

Our new XEN offering is very limited and will not be marketed on our website because of this.

Plan:

Unmanaged XEN PV

• 2GB RAM
  • 70 GB Disk
  • 1 H/T Dedicated Core
  • 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • 2 IPs

Price: $7/mo | ORDER

~You are fully welcome to order multiple and have them combined. Just open a ticket.

Node Specs:

48GB Ram

Dual Intel Xeon X5650 24 Core Dedicated Processors

4xTB HDD RAID10

1Gbps Port

DDOS Protected

Available Addons

Additional IPs: $1.5/mo each.

DirectAdmin: $6/mo.

What's the Catch?

Well, the plan’s limited to 1 Node. There will be 23 VPSes deployed on this node MAX. That's it unfortunately. :(

We will also not be entertaining rDNS requests for this plan.

Important Links:

AUP | TOS |
Privacy Policy

Our TOS/ AUP was designed for our OpenVZ offerings. You are 100% able to fully use the H/T core assigned to you. The following are ALLOWED on this plan: Gameservers, IRC.

Quick AUP: Public Proxies, Public VPNs, Public Torrenting, TOR are not allowed. Nothing Illegal in the US (including Spamming).

We try to be as transparent as possible. Any questions- please feel free to ask!

Comments

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

That website template...

• samblingsambling Member
    edited April 2015

time4vps said: That website template...

Maybe I should add that to "What's the catch?" to this awesome deal- You have to put up with an overused template for a little while longer. :P

Thanked by 1defiant
  • sambling said: 1 H/T Dedicated Core

which one is it? an actual core or thread you are offering. both are totally different.

edited April 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    which one is it? an actual core or thread you are offering. both are totally different.

Virtual Core.

• sambling said: Virtual Core.

so a thread..

• I'm guessing the node is hosted with QuadIX (VolumeDrive)? What's their network like now? Haven't used them since the whole burstnet fiasco.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    so a thread..

The system has 24 cores via H/T. You're getting access to one core from this. So calling it a simple thread may not be the best way to describe it!

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited April 2015

defiant said: The system has 24 cores via H/T. You're getting access to one core from this. So calling it a simple thread may not be the best way to describe it!

H/T is not a core. so this server you are running is 12 cores. let's not be misleading..

• @TarZZ92 said:

Its a core alright, not a physical one. And the title itself is not misleading. It shows H/T core.

• defiant said: Its a core alright, not a physical one. And the title itself is not misleading. It shows H/T core.

it isnt a core lol.

you are lucky you are not UK based. your offer would be deemed misleading.

• sambling said: Quick AUP: IRC, Public Proxies, Public VPNs, Public Torrenting, TOR

All these are allowed?

• @TarZZ92 said:

It is a core, just logical/virtual. Not physical. And if you're onto about misleading, here is what I am talking about:
    Hyper-threading technology (SMT):
    support for two hardware threads (logical processors) per core

I knew I was not wrong! And I told you its not just a simple thread.

Ref: http://sc.tamu.edu/systems/eos/nehalem.pdf

• @linuxthefish said:
    All these are allowed?

Sorry, those are not allowed.

edited April 2015

linuxthefish said: All these are allowed?

Thanks for the spot, as mentioned ^ no they are not. Edited the thread. Don't see why IRC cannot be allowed on this plan, so we'll allow it. :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Hmmm, pretty good deal, might pick one up a bit later

Thanked by 2sambling defiant
  • @defiant

believe what you wish, but H/T is not a core. with your logic you are essentially calling a 4790k a 8 core cpu which it is not. at most you could call it half core.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    defiant

believe what you wish, but H/T is not a core. with your logic you are essentially calling a 4790k a 8 core cpu which it is not. at most you could call it half core.

I believe what I learned from the manuals and other books on this topic! I don't know about you. I am calling it a H/T core/logical core/virtual core as it is supposed to be called.

• I'm not sure you want me to abuse you

Thanked by 1sambling
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I'm not sure you want me to abuse you

Title says otherwise.

Just don't do anything to that purdy mouth o' his. Das' mine...

Thanked by 1sambling
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Gang Banter?

Thanked by 1sambling
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TarZZ92 said: you are lucky you are not UK based. your offer would be deemed misleading.

Oh bullshit.

I don't know why you're beating on it. The title was accurate: "FULL H/T Core". Others that do this kind of deal use the same terms.

@sambling, this is a nice offer. Kudos!

• What a surprise, a nice offer attracting an unfair attack :)

• KBVEKBVE Member

Are private torrents or things of that nature allowed?
    How about distribution of encrypted files?

• KBVE said: Are private torrents or things of that nature allowed? How about distribution of encrypted files?

If we get abuse notifications, we may have to suspend your vps. We have nothing against the distribution of encrypted files. =)