Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.7.1 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.7.1 Released

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.7.1
This version has some features and some bug fixes.
The following is a list of changes in this version:

[Feature] Added search for the left menu in Admin panel. Admins can now just search easily instead of scrolling the options.

[Feature] Added a setting to delete Users with no VPS. Admins will need to enable this feature.

[Feature] Added a setting to delete OS Templates on slave nodes, if the setting is enabled. This will consume more bandwidth as the templates will be downloded on the slave if a VPS is created / rebuilt.

[Feature] Added the Multi delete options in the List VMs, Users and IP pages.

[Feature] Added Multi VM Suspension and Unsuspension on the List VPS Page.

[Feature] Windows password strength checker has been added. If the template has "windows" in its name, the windows password strength will apply. This is to adhere to the Windows Password scheme in various Windows OS.

[Task] List Users and List IP pages are now showed in table.

[Task] The number of Cloud users will be displayed on the Admin Dashboard.

[Task] Templates which were not there as per Virtualizor but which had the OS Template file in the /var/virtualzor template folders were deleted to save space. We have now added an exception to not delete symlinks.

[Task] All logging will be in one directory now /var/virtualizor/log

[Task] Logs of different VPS, will now be stored seperately. e.g. a VPS rebuild log can be found in /var/virtualizor/log/rebuid/VPSID.log instead of the old /tmp/rebuild.log

[Task] The background scripts Logging has been improved. More details will be logged which can help to debug any error.

[Task] The Windows Template creator tool will now use the new storage code. However only block devices are supported as of now.

[Task] Improved search for the Users and IP wizard.

[Task] The OpenVZ importer has been improved. Orphan OpenVZ VMs can be imported in Virtualizor.

[Task] For Xen XL, device model will now qemu-xen-traditional

[Task] In KVM the VPS Name scheme has been changed to prefix a "v" char.

[Bugfix] Migration was failing for KVM and Xen VMs. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] If an admin saved the Master Settings the CRON time was removed from the cron file. This is fixed now and was introduced in version 2.6.3. Due to this bug some Master nodes would not have been updated to the latest version. They will need to perform a manual update to get to the latest version : http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Immediate_update

[Bugfix] The ISO list was not syncing with the slaves. This is now fixed.

[Bugfix] In Xen with XL the full Pygrub path /usr/bin/pygrub was written to the VPS config file which showed an error while starting the VM. This is fixed and changed to specify only "prygrub"

[Bugfix] The SolusVM WHMCS importer had some bugs which prevented the conversion to Virtualizor. This is now fixed.

[Bugfix] The Node RAM was not showing accuratele with the latest CentOS 7 update. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] On OpenVZ Nodes, unsuspend operation was not performed successfully in some cases. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] MAC address could not be blanked once it was set for an IP. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] OpenVZ Backup/Restore Email was not sent to users. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] If there were individual IPs of a slave (i.e. not in any IP Pool), they were not synced. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] In Xen with XL, soundhw = all caused an issue. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] In Xen with XL the free RAM of the node was not detected properly. This is fixed.

[Bugfix] In KVM, some VMs failed to start with UUID. This is now fixed.

Full Article : http://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=7471

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Thanked by 1Scottsman

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

+1 for Virtualizor. Rock-Solid Virtualization helper ;)

• @virtualizor Just a suggestion: you could have an option of free license for 2-3 vm's for personal use only.
    Besides, it is a great piece of software.

• virtualizor said: [Feature] Windows password strength checker has been added. If the template has "windows" in its name, the windows password strength will apply. This is to adhere to the Windows Password scheme in various Windows OS.

Good Addition.

That will be very useful for our clients.

• We had to hold back some features. Hopefully 2.7.2 should be around pretty soon.

• BruceBruce Member

when clustering servers, can you allow WHMCS to provision VPS via the master only. rather than WHMCS having to decide which server to use.

• when clustering servers, can you allow WHMCS to provision VPS via the master only. rather than WHMCS having to decide which server to use.

This is being worked upon. Hopefully by April end this will be there.

• @Bruce said:
    when clustering servers, can you allow WHMCS to provision VPS via the master only. rather than WHMCS having to decide which server to use.

@virtualizor said:
    This is being worked upon. Hopefully by April end this will be there.

uhh huh?

This is already supported and works quite well, we deploy all of our VM's directly via the master which picks a slave for the VM to be setup on per the location selected.

What am I missing?

• BruceBruce Member

I can create VMs in the web interface, but not automatically from WHMCS. are you doing so from WHMCS, or the virtualizor web interface?

• @Bruce said:
    I can create VMs in the web interface, but not automatically from WHMCS. are you doing so from WHMCS, or the virtualizor web interface?

WHMCS, its fully automated for us.

WHMCS --> Virtualizor Master --> Slave

We would have never considered Virtualizor if that didn't work.

• BruceBruce Member

thanks. will have to try it again. maybe I just need to remove the slaves in WHMCS, and just have the master.

• @Bruce - add only the master to WHMCS and also you need to server to 'auto' in WHMCS product.

• @Bruce, I thought you were referring to the code of selecting the slave server.
    We are working on a part in WHMCS to choose the slave which is most eligible to create a VPS. So the master will now suggest the node instead of our WHMCS module choosing it. This is the change I was referring to.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • earlearl Member

is there a way to use the ssh console? i tried and was getting java error when trying to connect. is there a way to use a vnc client?

• SyntrelSyntrel Member
    edited April 2015

Looking forward to giving this a try in our dev lab.

• @virtualizor said:
    Bruce, I thought you were referring to the code of selecting the slave server.
    We are working on a part in WHMCS to choose the slave which is most eligible to create a VPS. So the master will now suggest the node instead of our WHMCS module choosing it. This is the change I was referring to.

I'm not sure I follow, how exactly are you planning to change it?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@virtualizor said:
    Bruce, I thought you were referring to the code of selecting the slave server.

Looking forward to this :)

• @Hassan said:
    Looking forward to this :)

Would you mind explaining what his is exactly?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@leckley said:
    Would you mind explaining what his is exactly?

The WHMCS module will give you the option to provision individual orders on a slave of your choice from a server group without having to go and modify the actual product with the slave name. (I think)

• @Hassan said:
    The WHMCS module will give you the option to provision individual orders on a slave of your choice from a server group without having to go and modify the actual product with the slave name. (I think)

It will basically improve the auto selection of a node as per the least resources available within the parameters specified. Basically resource information ofeach server will be considered.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited April 2015

Latest update is running good.

• The new upcoming update 2.7.2 is something that would make many more users happy. Its expected really soon.

• @virtualizor are you available on Skype?

• softacchiragsoftacchirag Member
    edited April 2015

Yes we are available on skype. Use "virtualizor" to add it to your contact.

• wychwych Member

@virtualizor said:
    The new upcoming update 2.7.2 is something that would make many more users happy. Its expected really soon.

Got an ETA?

• @wych said:
    Got an ETA?

Already out, there is another topic about it on LET

• wychwych Member

@AshleyUk said:

I need more coffee.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • It'd be nice if Virtualizor could support Proxmox.

edited April 2015

Can you fix the bug with enabling and disabling virtio on a VPS. only works when you create it, cannot enable and disable it.

• @clamhost said:
    Can you fix the bug with enabling and disabling virtio on a VPS. only works when you create it, cannot enable and disable it.

Why would you want to disable it anyways?

edited April 2015

@techhelper1 said:
    Why would you want to disable it anyways?

I never said I wanted to disable it. The option needs to be there and it is not. it causes problems and screws up customers VPS if virtio is disabled and we have a VPS with virtio block drivers it results in the VM being unable to boot. kind of messes up the whole migration progress to virtualizor. as we then have to manually adjust the configuration file.

Also the custom field nic_type does not even seem to work either.