Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostodo.com - 512MB RAM $12/year - 4GB RAM 2 IPs $7/mo - OpenVZ/Virtualizor - Los Angeles, CA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostodo.com - 512MB RAM $12/year - 4GB RAM 2 IPs $7/mo - OpenVZ/Virtualizor - Los Angeles, CA

HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Hey!

Hostodo.com is a new web hosting company based in Michigan that is now providing OpenVZ virtual private servers out of QuadraNet's facilities in the Telecom Center in Los Angeles, CA. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee. We will price match any competitors offer. Simply open a ticket.

Test IPv4: LA.hostodo.com
Test IPv6: LA6.hostodo.com
http://LA.hostodo.com/10mb.test
http://LA.hostodo.com/100mb.test

LAVZ-512
100GB Disk Space
2TB Bandwidth
512MB RAM
512MB vSwap
4 vCPU Cores
1 IPv4 Address
/112 IPv6 Subnet
1Gbit Port
OpenVZ/Virtualizor Control Panel

PROMOCODE: LETYRLYSPECIAL512M
$12/yr - Order Now

LAVZ-1024
150GB Disk Space
3TB Bandwidth
1024MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
4 vCPU Cores
1 IPv4 Address
/112 IPv6 Subnet
1Gbit Port

PROMOCODE: LowEnd1G
$18/yr - Order Now

LAVZ-2048
200GB Disk Space
4TB Bandwidth
2048MB RAM
2048MB vSwap
4 vCPU Cores
Up to 2 IPv4 Address
/112 IPv6 Subnet
1Gbit Port

PROMOCODE: LowEnd2G
$5/mo - Order Now

LAVZ-4096
300GB Disk Space
5TB Bandwidth
4096MB RAM
4096MB vSwap
4 vCPU Cores
Up to 2 IPv4 Address
/112 IPv6 Subnet
1Gbit Port

PROMOCODE: LowEnd4G
$7/mo - Order Now

Additional IPv4 available for $1/mo each.

We do not allow any CPU intensive processes on our nodes, if you plan on using over 90% of a core for an extended period of time you will be suspended. Legal adult content, private VPNs, private proxies are all allowed. Bulk mail is not allowed, BitCoin mining or similar is not allowed along with anything that is illegal in the state of California. You can read our full Terms of Service at: https://hostodo.com/portal/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1

Open a Ticket
Follow us on Twitter
contact @ hostodo.com

Odo Services LLC

Comments

• Nice job!
    I have a 256M

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • Very impressive. Friendly support, fast I/O & network. Nothing to complain.

Btw, can you more specific about "90% of a core for an extended period"? Is it 0.9 load on 15 minutes?

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • netrixnetrix Member
    edited April 2015

-- double post --

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@netrix said:
    Very impressive. Friendly support, fast I/O & network. Nothing to complain.

Btw, can you more specific about "90% of a core for an extended period"? Is it 0.9 load on 15 minutes?

It's basically a fair-use policy, as long as you aren't affecting other clients you should be good to go!

• windytime90windytime90 Member
    edited April 2015

Hassan said: We will price match any competitors offer. Simply open a ticket.

I understand that if I can find some lower-price-competitors, you'll decrease the price to match them?

Thanked by 1Hassan

@windytime90 said:

Yup, open a ticket!

• So far hostodo is the cheapest. lol

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

On my new VPS it is showing 200MHz for the CPU cores. Not a big deal but with such a low clock speed it's impossible for any VPS to use 90% of a core so I'm guessing this is a mistake. Just pointing it out. :)

EDIT: Correction, under full load (100% all four cores) one of the cores will burst to 875.250MHz and the other 3 cores will stay at 200MHz. While this doesn't bother me since I don't plan on using the CPU, it is still impossible for any one VPS to use 90% of a 3.5GHz core so either the TOS or the CPU limits on the VPSs should be updated.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • @KuJoe said:
    On my new VPS it is showing 200MHz for the CPU cores. Not a big deal but with such a low clock speed it's impossible for any VPS to use 90% of a core so I'm guessing this is a mistake. Just pointing it out. :)

EDIT: Correction, under full load (100% all four cores) one of the cores will burst to 875.250MHz and the other 3 cores will stay at 200MHz. While this doesn't bother me since I don't plan on using the CPU, it is still impossible for any one VPS to use 90% of a 3.5GHz core so either the TOS or the CPU limits on the VPSs should be updated.

do we need to worry?

Thanked by 1Hassan
    edited April 2015

@sunsane said:
    do we need to worry?

Only if you expect to use the CPU. If you get suspended and their reason is because you were using 90% of one core you can call them out on it because with the current setting it's impossible to use 90% of one core.

I'm sure @Hassan will fix this soon though.

Thanked by 2Hassan sunsane

@sunsane said:
    do we need to worry?

@KuJoe said:
    I'm sure Hassan will fix this soon though.

This has been adjusted for future orders, can you guys both open tickets so I can adjust your containers?

Thanked by 1sunsane
  • Is the price recurring to the next year or first year only?

Hassan said: This has been adjusted for future orders, can you guys both open tickets so I can adjust your containers?

All better.

Cores under 100% load:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz cpu MHz : 3501.000 cpu MHz : 3501.000 cpu MHz : 3501.000 cpu MHz : 3501.000

Cores at idle:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz cpu MHz : 800.000 cpu MHz : 800.000 cpu MHz : 800.000 cpu MHz : 800.000

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Hassan why do you not accept cc.

i am having some problem with paypal and my card.

pls pm me

Thanked by 1Hassan

@agentmishra said:
    Hassan why do you not accept cc.

i am having some problem with paypal and my card.

pls pm me

We now accept CC via Stripe.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Hassan said:
    We now accept CC via Stripe.

just imagine the time you take to reply.

let me try an i shall get back to you

• @Hassan said:
    We will price match any competitors offer.

Hey, I opened a ticket..;)