Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Flash Sale - 21/12 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Flash Sale - 21/12

2»

Comments

• Meh

• @Nekki said:
    Meh

What he said.

• @freeneter thx. No way of getting it in BHS via kimsufi.ie or kimsufi usa right? Been looking for disposable storage space like this for convenience.

• @Nekki / @WSS said:
    Meh

why meh you say? a dedicated storage box with 2 terabytes storage for $8.33 a month seems like a pretty decent deal.

• All that was there when I looked was a 40GB SSD.

• did anyone order?
    already received the unit?
    "real" hardware specs?

• Is it available in Kimsufi Canada?

Nope.

Guess i don't get one :(

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    Is it available in Kimsufi Canada?

Have you tried ordering via the French website?

• @chedenaz said:

@ALinuxNinja said:
    Is it available in Kimsufi Canada?

Have you tried ordering via the French website?

Cant login, which means I will need to be validated and have VAT removal blah blah blah

• Couldn't login either (my other kimsufi are through a different portal). Using the link above made new account, no VAT, and probably just lucky, but no verification. Instantly deployed. Never had instant deployment before. I'm feeling very special today.

• Meh> @Bobby_T said:

@Nekki / @WSS said:
    Meh

why meh you say? a dedicated storage box with 2 terabytes storage for $8.33 a month seems like a pretty decent deal.

Meh compared to previous Kimsufi sales. I have an i5/16GB/2TB for only slightly more.

• @Nekki said:
    Meh> @Bobby_T said:

@Nekki / @WSS said:
    Meh

Meh compared to previous Kimsufi sales. I have an i5/16GB/2TB for only slightly more.

And do not forget thats unlimited b/w

• @redalertrox said:

@Nekki said:
    Meh> @Bobby_T said:

@Nekki / @WSS said:
    Meh

And do not forget thats unlimited b/w

Aren't they all?

• I haven't been mentioned this many times without hearing "Did you do that on the floor/in the bushes?" in at least a week! I FEEL SPECIAL!

• @snow2k said:
    did anyone order?
    already received the unit?
    "real" hardware specs?

Everything as mentioned in specification. Have one, if you want something more specific, just ask.

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

$106/year for 2TB of non-raid storage isn't that amazing, though having it on a feeble dedi could be useful depending. It comes to $4.52/TiB/month if you spread the setup fee across 1 year. For $5.53/month/TiB (annual plan) you can get a 1000GiB RAID storage vps at BHS or Gravelines from @i83 with the current coupon.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Anybody interested in the Kimsufi 8 GB RAM i3 deal with 2 * 1 TB disk for ~$13/mo in BHS they have(ordered it with BHS account)? I am willing to part with mine for 20 USD. I'll call in to try to get them to transfer it.

• @Radi said:
    Anybody interested in the Kimsufi 8 GB RAM i3 deal with 2 * 1 TB disk for ~$13/mo in BHS they have(ordered it with BHS account)? I am willing to part with mine for 20 USD. I'll call in to try to get them to transfer it.

Kimsufi Machines cant be transfered!

edited December 2016

@Marcel40625

I may be willing to part with the whole account in that case.

Edit: Just called OVH and confirmed following: Account in the EXACT SAME subsidiary as the source account is able to receive Kimsufi server from source account. Both need to raise a ticket though requesting this.

• @Radi said:
    @Marcel40625

I may be willing to part with the whole account in that case.

Edit: Just called OVH and confirmed following: Account in the EXACT SAME subsidiary as the source account is able to receive Kimsufi server from source account. Both need to raise a ticket though requesting this.

What subsidiary are you? because German and France said both nope to me

edited December 2016

Canada/USA - whatever it is for the US site.
    @Marcel40625

EDIT: Server is now sold.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2016

The first order which I attempted to pay with my validated KS FR account which has two active KS-1s allowed to choose my previous linked Paypal, but instead of delivery, got validation mail. Tried again, same thing. The third time I chose a new credit card, but again got the stupid validation email.
    If it's successful, I'll cancel my previous two KS-1s. This is cheaper and has a better disk and RAM.