Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US based. No blocked/blacklisted Netflix IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US based. No blocked/blacklisted Netflix IP

Hey there.
So I am looking for a really small server based in US with an IP which is not blocked by Netflix. It is for private use and maybe 1-2 friends (no commercial use at all!). If you do offer OVZ make sure that it is possible to install OpenVPN on your server -> tun/tap (srsly I really encountered some hosters with no tun/tap). preferable 1gbit (shared ofc) and minimum 500gb/m 1tb/m would be cool but I do not think I or we gonna watch that much in traffic. If you are interested in offering me but not being sure if your IPs are blocked just let me know. I will get a test server/request cancellation. Maybe some of you already know that they have unlisted IPs.

Thanks in advance so far :)

Comments

• You may have to plan on keeping jumping around, as more address ranges get blocked.

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Hi there,

how much is your budget? What is your minimum RAM requirements?

• @Hannan said:
    Hi there,

how much is your budget? What is your minimum RAM requirements?

since it is just openvpn running on the machine. I guess 128/256 ram should be totally fine. budget real low end since it will be such low spec machine :D

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Great. I am not sure if I can send a link but buyvm is great use for you. You can get a very cheap OpenVZ from them.

Cheers

• I have very little faith BuyVM isn't blocked.

As you're probably already aware, netflix has gone crazy and blocked basically every IP range belonging to large service providers.

I'm sorry to say but I have little hope you're going to find a provider that's not blocked.

If you do, try and get a package with full virtualization, e.g. KVM, and run this script: https://github.com/ab77/netflix-proxy

It only runs netflix and other video streaming services through a proxy, and everything else goes through your ISP like normal.

• Now I start to wonder if I could set up Comcast Business and resell VPSes under this network

• @busbr said:
    Now I start to wonder if I could set up Comcast Business and resell VPSes under this network

It will probably get blocked when netflix notices that a lot of different accounts from different countries log in from that IP range.

• edited December 2016

@joodle said:

@busbr said:
    Now I start to wonder if I could set up Comcast Business and resell VPSes under this network

It will probably get blocked when netflix notices that a lot of different accounts from different countries log in from that IP range.

But wouldn't that be the norm, because they're individual residential ips? Every man and his dog has a netflix account, and they're still registered to comcast.

• @Dextronox said:

@joodle said:

@busbr said:

But wouldn't that be the norm, because they're individual residential ips? Every man and his dog has a netflix account, and they're still registered to comcast.

Netflix will eventually see that these netflix accounts which are signing in from a specific Comcast ip range where not created/paid for in the US but for example in spain, mexico, china etc. So they will do some investigation and find out that the specific ip range belongs to someone that rents out servers/proxies and will block that range.

• busbr said: Now I start to wonder if I could set up Comcast Business and resell VPSes under this network

If they do Netflix start blocking whole Comcast network :)

• rabb.it