Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 5-10 Mbit/s KVM in Europe - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free 5-10 Mbit/s KVM in Europe

2»

Comments

• @newconsultant said:

@hzr said:
    "bear the cost"

"for the community"

lol

:D Is it that funny?

how much is u investing? we could share the costs

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • newconsultant said: as soon as I get a job now

No jobs with that portofolio? Just time waster

Thanked by 1netomx
  • This would be much more appreciated if you were known around here. I think you're trying to win people's hearts too fast. You've also got the fact that plenty of people here have boxes that sit idle anyway, and ZNC can be set up in five minutes or less.

• @daily said:
    This would be much more appreciated if you were known around here. I think you're trying to win people's hearts too fast. You've also got the fact that plenty of people here have boxes that sit idle anyway, and ZNC can be set up in five minutes or less.

Then why didn't anyone start this yet? I had an idea that I thought I would share. That's all.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

Why not add a poll to see whether members here want an IRC? I'm guessing if they needed one, it would've happened already.

Pavin.

• GoatSellerGoatSeller Member
    edited December 2016

@mailcheap said:
    Why not add a poll to see whether members here want an IRC? I'm guessing if they needed one, it would've happened already.

Pavin.

{{dummy reply removed}}

• @mailcheap said:

Pavin.

I should have but I did not.

Thanks!

• @newconsultant said:
    Then why didn't anyone start this yet?

Because like I said, most people here own a box they could easily put ZNC on and manage themselves. They wouldn't have to worry about their potential actual IP being in the hands of someone else that they maybe don't trust. It's the reason for a IRC bouncer, is it not? Furthermore..

@newconsultant said:
    I had an idea that I thought I would share. That's all.

Yeah, but you asked for free stuff in the same share. It's nice of you, but hopefully you can understand people being a tad bit suspicious.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Yes. I follow you. Thanks!

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited December 2016

Of course you can get a "free" server. What to do:

You have no job, so you have a lot of time. Use it to life a day or 5, 6 on the street. Don't wear your best clothes and ask people for money. After this you have enough money for a better server.

Or just get a job and dont waste time on a forum. follow a study, ready a book to get a better a better position on the market.

thx me later (with a free server)

Thanked by 2netomx doghouch
  • newconsultant said: Hire me! I accept BTC, PayPal

Be sure BTC and PayPal accept you first.

Thanked by 1lustix
  • It also helps if you cut the passive aggressive bullshit.

Thanked by 2netomx Janevski
  • @ewrek said:

You have no job, so you have a lot of time. Use it to life a day or 5, 6 on the street. Don't wear your best clothes and ask people for money. After this you have enough money for a better server.

Or just get a job and dont waste time on a forum. follow a study, ready a book to get a better a better position on the market.

I condemn on your act of insulting a guy looking for a job. Kindly stop posting messages on this thread.

Thanks!

• @hzr said:
    It also helps if you cut the passive aggressive bullshit.

Who me?

• @newconsultant said:

@hzr said:
    It also helps if you cut the passive aggressive bullshit.

Who me?

Yes you.

See, when people offer you criticism, all you do is blaming people for being hostile and asking them to stop posting in your thread. Some (but not all) of ewrek's advice is useful, but as far as I can tell you choose to ignore everything together.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • newconsultant said: Then why didn't anyone start this yet? I had an idea that I thought I would share. That's all.

The threat model for ZNC → the runner knows the contents of all messages, PMs, chat, IPs, and can inject/read messages or intercept logins at any time, without notice, without logs.

Every single person here has a spare idling VPS. Why would they use your service at all when this much is at risk?

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited December 2016

@newconsultant said:

@ewrek said:

I condemn on your act of insulting a guy looking for a job. Kindly stop posting messages on this thread.

Thanks!

Is the first that you need to not getting a job? And not get to a free server?

Why is it not easier to get a job to earn some money for a simple server. 1 or $2 is what you need.

And you know, when something is "free" you are the product

• dodedodododedodo Member
    edited December 2016

newconsultant said: I condemn on your act of insulting a guy looking for a job. Kindly stop posting messages on this thread.

Thanks!

I don't like you. Please stop posting in this thread. Thanks!

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Closed. This sort of stuff is embarrassing guys, the majority of us here aren't children. We want this community to be an inviting place, not where someone gets berated for having an idea.

Thanked by 3alown Zen KillaKev
This discussion has been closed.