Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of offers you want ? KVM / OpenVZ / Xen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What kind of offers you want ? KVM / OpenVZ / Xen

2»

Comments

• Sorry, forgot: on the high end H/W RAID 10 with BBU (battery backup) would be nice on the SSD part.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mpkossen said: please tell me it's not colocrossing?

You should give us a shot. :)

• @jbiloh said: You should give us a shot. :)

Haha, I have :-) I'm happy with my CVPS box, my BuyVM box and previously my CloudShards box (moved to Dallas). Your connectivity is just not as good as Choopa's, HeroicVPS's Ashburn one or RamNode's in Atlanta. I get 20ms less to RamNode than to you in Chicago. 30ms less to HeroicVPS and Choopa. It takes the same route up to the transatlantic, so it's from NY on where it starts taking more time. Inception Hosting in Miami has the same ping as CVPS in Chicago. For somebody not living in the US, that matters. Do you have Level3?

Don't take this the wrong way, by the way. I'm not here to do you harm or something. What I mean by my previous comment is that it's not good to have too many providers with one DC (or upstream provider). Makes the landscape a bit monotone.

• KVM, VMware, Xen. No OVZ please. :)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mpkossen, please email some trace routes to [email protected] and we'll take a look. Network performance is very important to us.

• @jbiloh said: @mpkossen, please email some trace routes to [email protected] and we'll take a look. Network performance is very important to us.

Thanks, I'll get some today and send them to you :-)

• I would like to see KVM in Europe :)

• Kvm in Asia

• marcmmarcm Member

@darknessends I would like to see the .77 cents VPS. Might even get one...

• I've got to rectify something here. While running the traceroutes I wanted to send @jbiloh, from my home location, I noticed vastly different results than from my office location. Actually, everything was just fine. Their Chicago location gave me the exact same ping as BuyVM in Buffalo. I also ran tests from some of my servers and those were good and consistent as well. Nothing weird. So I really don't understand the complaining about their connectivity and I want to apologize for doing so myself.

• hdpixelhdpixel Member

KVM, 2gig ram, 4 IPs, 4 cpu, 100gig HD, 100mb port, 1TB bw. $10-$15

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member

I want a ban for all summerhosts

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2013

@hdpixel said: KVM, 2gig ram, 4 IPs, 4 cpu, 100gig HD, 100mb port, 1TB bw. $10-$15

@hdpixel We offer this, and another host too. 2gb ram kvm for $7 ;)

So it is already possible.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Ruriko said: I would like to see KVM in Europe :)

@Ruriko .. isn't @getkvm_ash not enough? <3

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Dedicated servers under $30 would be nice as well.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@bcarlsonmedia workin' on it!!

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Only Xen.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

Hard to do LEB KVM/Xen offers as there's more overhead than OpenVZ so you can only get 1/4 the VPS you could on a OpenVZ kernel.

• @rsk said: @Ruriko .. isn't @getkvm_ash not enough? <3

Thank you :) Anybody would think RSK and GetKVM were living under a big rock :P

• NoermanNoerman Member

Xen and KVM are prefered.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I would prefer to see OVZ, KVM and Xen offers from experienced people who are able to start a business without running all their decisions past forum users first.

A saucer of milk for table 2, please.