Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look what I just got in the mail today - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look what I just got in the mail today

Comments

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Will Gordon shipped that gift to Indonesia? :P

I'm thinking of signing up just for a tshirt if it can go to AU.

• @concerto49 said: I'm thinking of signing up just for a tshirt if it can go to AU.

Hahaha.. I'm thinking twice if I want to try Incero, due to the previous problem with the cloud trial.

That makes me think twice, I don't care even if I get something for "free".

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Hahaha.. I'm thinking twice if I want to try Incero, due to the previous problem with the cloud trial.

That makes me think twice, I don't care even if I get something for "free".

You can't go wrong with a rack right? Fingers crossed :(

• If you're the provider, I will trust you :)

@concerto49 said: You can't go wrong with a rack right? Fingers crossed :(

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Hahaha.. I'm thinking twice if I want to try Incero, due to the previous problem with the cloud trial.

What was the issue with the cloud trial? The cloud trial was actually only for people at the SXSW conference, but he allowed others to give it a try for a limited time. I got to play with one for a little bit and it was amazing.

• No explanation about it, my account just removed, I've also submitted a ticket before removed.

I'm asking, how long will the trial last? And if I'm interested, how much do I have to pay. And the next morning, Indonesian time, I can't login.

I understand now it have to use the code, but why they removed my account without answering my ticket?

Well, maybe just my problem with asking free as premium :)

• @Incero any chance for another chromebook and t shirt so i Can represent you in europe ;) ?

• IvanIvan Member

Free t-shirt and/or Chromebook and I'll be the biggest @Incero fan in Malaysia.
    :P

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Will Gordon shipped that gift to Indonesia? :P

nah, the custom fee much much more expensive than the chromebook itself. But the tshirt looks good :p

• Yeah it's a trial, get over it...

• @Voss said: I don't think they're beholden to answer any tickets for folks that got the free cloud trial when they were not at the SXSW conference. That shouldn't colour your opinion of Incero.

Well, I don't get that explanation :)
    But thank you for explaining that to me :)

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited April 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said: If you're the provider, I will trust you :)

It most likely won't be for VPS. For that Ionity has been doing great for us with Internap hosting. Alec, Alec and Alec wins. He'll save you and not close anything. Personally does things he's not required to do all day long for you.

• tommytommy Member

really awesome, jealous

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie yes, JW is drinking a beer there at the conference. As is the programmer in the background (blurred head) who is giving someone a cloud demo.

We have a full bar and beer fridge at our office ( http://d.pr/i/E5sX/2onf21hO ), a new gas grill ( http://d.pr/i/gEws/2Evkbpn6 ), and a firepit for cooking up smores ( http://d.pr/i/7EeT/2ZGdDxl4 ) anyone that comes to work for us is treated as family ( http://jobsearch.monster.com/search/?q=incero ). We also host community meetups for programming and other tech groups, providing a keg of beer etc which is fun for our staff and the community.

Re: complaints on our cloud trial. Our cloud was intended for SXSW participants and dedicated server customers only (who had been given, in confidence, our beta portal login). Unfortunately some people here decided to post the info and then over 1,000 people signed up (referral tracked clicks from LET) and began to abuse our system. The system was intended for us to demo to people at SXSW and this abuse gave us many headaches, we were up until 4AM one night of the conference cleaning up all abuse. It was a real shame. However we managed to get everything under control for the next day of the conference and things went smoothly again, albeit we were exhausted. So, no big deal, but please don't complain that your free account was terminated when you weren't even supposed to be using one (I think you all know that once it was posted here that it was going to be raped and abused).

RE: tshirts, these are available to customers (paying customers, not free customers ;-) ) who open a sales ticket. Sorry, but we're all out of chromebooks!

• @Incero said: anyone that comes to work for us is treated as family ( http://jobsearch.monster.com/search/?q=incero ).

I'm obviously doing something wrong with my current job. All that starting at $70k/year? And with those required skills? If I'd live in the US, I'd have applied for that position right away.

• @Incero would you like to advertise on my blog. Getting a decent amount of viewers. if interested , then for pricing just PM me.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@thehray, sorry we don't advertise anywhere.

@mpkossen we have junior positions open in our Woking UK office. [email protected]

• Nice office. Some of those chairs look dangerously easy to fall asleep on.

• @Incero said: yes, JW is drinking a beer there at the conference. As is the programmer in the background (blurred head) who is giving someone a cloud demo.

@Incero said: We have a full bar and beer fridge at our office

You had me sold at beer fridge.

Jokes and crippling alcoholism aside, @Incero you guys are awesome! Just do me a favor and give Jarland a hard time for me please!

• @concerto49 said: It most likely won't be for VPS. For that Ionity has been doing great for us with Internap hosting. Alec, Alec and Alec wins. He'll save you and not close anything. Personally does things he's not required to do all day long for you.

Thanks for that!

Happy to send you a shirt too ;-)

Just drop me a note with size(s) and where to ship them to. (AU is fine).

-Alec

• @Ionity said: Happy to send you a shirt too ;-)

Just drop me a note with size(s) and where to ship them to. (AU is fine).

Looks like we have a low end t-shirt competition :p

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I will happily join this Low-end shirt competition. Free shirt with whoever has a 1GB VPS or larger with ServerCrate.

• MunMun Member

I want one :(

• IonityIonity Member
    edited April 2013

@concerto49 said: Looks like we have a low end t-shirt competition :p

It wasn't really intended to be a competition. Was just trying to be nice to you, a customer, since you were looking for a shirt.

However, if it was aimed to be a competition I would want to make it more fun... like an iPad or something.

EDIT
    Maybe a free server or something. Not as in a hosted server, but actually ship out a server. I have some dual 5150's that cost more to operate than they are worth ;-)

• @RobertClarke can I pick it up in person?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@nickvanw said: @RobertClarke can I pick it up in person?

Sure :)

• @Ionity said: Happy to send you a shirt too ;-)

Been asking you since February :P

• What's the difference between a LowEndTShirt and a normal TShirt anyways?

• IonityIonity Member
    edited April 2013

@seriesn said: Been asking you since February :P

You are part of the reason for getting them ;-) I think the first person to ask.

They will be ready soon, with the updated logo. I'll be sending them out in a couple of weeks.