Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Storage Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Storage Down?

503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request.

Comments

• Welcome to OVH Support. Right now, your ticket has been escalated to the correct department. Please Hold.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • TomTom Member
    edited December 2016

OVH dropped for a few minutes, see here: http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=22044

"We had an OSPF routing incident on the core routers of the RBX and SBG datacenters. We investigate"

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

RBX died for minutes, GRA died for less minutes.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • my VPS in GRA was unreachable for 6 mins around same time ..

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

click bait!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • My NEW Canada Servers are taking more than 8 hours to be installed. :(

@AnthonySmith said:
    click bait!

Its true but its click bait, dam physics.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Neoon said: Its true but its click bait, dam physics.

It was like. OMG!

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: Its true but its click bait, dam physics.

It was like. OMG!

• OP got banned?

• @IHaveADarkPassenger said:
    OP got banned?

Insulted another member via PM. Banned for 48 hours.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • My two Beauharnois vps are working fine if that's of any interest.

• SBG-1 is good rn, same for BHS

• Looks like down again?

• whole OVH was off for around 5 minutes, working from here again by now...

• vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2017

@Falzo said:
    whole OVH was off for around 5 minutes, working from here again by now...

Ye, I noticed that "soyoustart.com" was down for a couple of minutes

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2017

No idea what it means, I don't speak french, but I think it's something about this network blip this morning.

• @joodle said:

No idea what it means, I don't speak french, but I think it's something about this network blip this morning.

A configuration was set up on a strasbourg equipment and aspired the entirety of the traffic destined for 64.0.0.0/2. We removed the BGP entry sucking traffic.

The command was executed by a robot at 9h21h59s and returned at 09h36min55s.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

/2 ??

Francisco

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @LucasWDM said:
    My NEW Canada Servers are taking more than 8 hours to be installed. :(

Wait 24/48 hours, if nothing then put in a ticket or call them

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The VPS service down in OVH is normal, as what do you expect for oversold nodes?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @webproject please present evidence that their nodes are oversold and how that is responsible for all of ovh being down as others noted and the configuration error. Seems you are posting more random made up thoughts on something you have no actual engineering evidence of.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

@OhMyMy said:
    @webproject please present evidence that their nodes are oversold and how that is responsinble for all of ovh being down as others noted and the configuration error. Seems you are posting more random made up thoughts on something you have no actual engineering evidence of.

We used to have one VM at OVH for non-production usage, every second month had various issues (high load without anything running or very slow SSD due to I/O issues, very slow access to VM), two times we had storage issue (for them to fix it takes 8-24 hours, if your are lucky), to me all these points are indicates that service is overloaded. I will not post any copy of tickets here, as I can't be bothered to proof here anything to anyone and on this note wish you good luck and patience to wait when they do resolve the issue.

• I've never had downtime on my VPS Cloud 3 in BHS ;)

• @WebProject said:
    The VPS service down in OVH is normal, as what do you expect for oversold nodes?

Ha...ha...haaaa. OVH VPS have unbelievable performance and reliability for what they cost. We use quite a few in production (one of which runs our main task queue, and has had 100% uptime since inception).

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:

Can't say about overselling, but when we managed a Client's VM there we had similar impression.

• Anyone faces problems with their anycast DNS? My domains won't resolve :O

• OhMyMy said:

@webproject please present evidence that their nodes are oversold

Oh right! They're going to sell a 2GB KVM and a full cpu vcore with no overselling for $3.50/month! Really, it's a vps, overselling is normal and expected practice and it should be presumed unless they say otherwise. That said, the vps-ssd that I have with them is pretty fast most of the time.

• sinsin Member

WebProject said: We used to have one VM at OVH for non-production usage, every second month had various issues (high load without anything running or very slow SSD due to I/O issues, very slow access to VM), two times we had storage issue (for them to fix it takes 8-24 hours, if your are lucky), to me all these points are indicates that service is overloaded

Were you using their Cloud VPS by chance? It's a crapshoot when it comes to OVH's ceph offerings but I've gone through a bunch of their regular SSD VPSes and they always perform really well especially considering the price.

• sin said: It's a crapshoot when it comes to OVH's ceph offerings

I thought that was caused by some bug or configuration error that was present for a long time and caused people pain on multiple occasions, but was eventually diagnosed and fixed. Anyone know the current status?