Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheapest 50GB+ plan?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheapest 50GB+ plan?

alexalex Member
edited April 2013 in General

need a machine to store backups, 50GB+, nothing else matters. any recommended providers (cheaper than last 250GB LEB deal)?

Comments

• ill give you that with 100KBs of monthly bandwidth and 4MB of RAM, is it ok?

• alexalex Member

just go trolling somewhere else will you?

• Alex what location? UK, US?

• alexalex Member

doesn't really matter

• Maybe prometeus can serve your needs. :)

• alexalex Member

sorry @BradND, but this is more than Backupsy 250GB $5/month offer

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited April 2013

I read the title and saw 50GB, go with backupsy then.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited April 2013

50GB for $2?
    I actually got even better deal than that. Try reaching their sales or livechat. See if you're lucky. ;)

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/reliable-hosting-services-2month-512mb-openvz-vps-in-baltimore-maryland/

• @alex said: sorry @BradND, but this is more than Backupsy 250GB $5/month offer

Go with Backupsy then. There's no reason providers are required to match everything from another provider.

• alexalex Member
    edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Go with Backupsy then. There's no reason providers are required to match everything from another provider.

huh? I'm asking a community for their recommendation, not providers to match the price. what gave you that idea?

• BudgetVM has a 768MB/60GB plan for $4.49/mo. 2 IP addresses too, and IPv6.

• alexalex Member
    edited April 2013

@DalComp thanks!
    @DStrout $0.51 difference :( looking for something $2-$3/month
    @camarg --5gb-- nvm found it! sound good!

• edited April 2013

@OP I think people are going to be less willing to suggest anything given how simple it is to just use the search function. If you have a "nothing else matters" criteria other than the space, you can go with ANY of the providers. Why not just do a few simple searches on LET.com or LEB.com and find the cheapest that way.

• alexalex Member

@rajprakash that's what I'm doing now, but it never hurts to ask the community before making a commitment

• 1vCpu
    256 MB Ram Gauranteed
    100 GB Space
    500 GB bandwidth
    1 IPv4

$5.95
    https://billing.24khost.com/cart.php?gid=19

3 Locations

Vegas, NJ, Southbend

• @alex said: huh? I'm asking a community for their recommendation, not providers to match the price. what gave you that idea?

Its the way you responded to brad then. You went in asking for those requirements and once Brad made an offer you immediately stated "But this offer is better." If I misunderstood your intentions then I apologize, but that's how it seemed.

"hey guys help me find a plan that fits my needs." "Ok here's one" "but your plan is more than this other plan from this other company" "Um.... ok?"

• alexalex Member

no, @HalfEaten pie. I've asked for cheapest plan other than $5/month, and I got a plan which was $6.95/month

• @alex said: I've asked for cheapest plan other than $5/month, and I got a plan which was $6.95/month

Alright then. Good luck with your search.

• Look @alex, you are new here and you are asking for help, so ask nicely. Providers need to make a living so @BradND made an offer, if that is not what you want, just say thank you and move on.

First thing when you come to any online community is to make friends, if you wanna be a troll, go elsewhere.

• alexalex Member

ehm... no, I'm not new here, I think I'm here even longer that you are, but let's not argue or derail this thread (like every other here).
    why would I thank for an offer not suited to my needs? I noticed providers are eager to promote their business and their offers regardless whether they match or not the criteria that are being asked, why would anyone appreciate that?
    while I thank for genuine help, I do not like that approach, but I don't consider myself rude, and if you otherwise, I cannot help it

• alexalex Member

@camarg said: how about ramnode?

ordered one, thanks for the tip! :)

• @alex said: ehm... no, I'm not new here, I think I'm here even longer that you are, but let's not argue or derail this thread (like every other here).

Sorry about that, I just don't see your name pop up often enough. My bad.

@alex said: but I don't consider myself rude, and if you otherwise, I cannot help it

I am pretty sure I am not the only one who think so, but may be @HalfEatenPie is just being too nice.

If you really hate providers making offers, then post your questions on WHT, where I think providers are forbidden to make offers directly. Like what I said, even if the provider is not giving you something you want, you can just say thanks and move on.

• @alex said: I've asked for cheapest plan other than $5/month

No you did not, you asked for a plan cheaper than some 250GB LEB deal, you never gave us a link to the actual offer of told us the price.

@alex said: but I don't consider myself rude

You were rude.

• alexalex Member

@zhuanyi said: If you really hate providers making offers

Don't change my words. I never said that. I said I don't like (and I quote myself): "offers regardless whether they match or not the criteria that are being asked", which is completely different.

@Bogdacutuu: just go and stop wasting my time

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited April 2013

@alex said: @Bogdacutuu: just go and stop wasting my time

If your time was that precious you certainly wouldn't waste it on LEBs.
    You just don't like the fact that I'm right and you're wrong.

• alexalex Member

The only fact I don't like is that you're a muppet, otherwise you wouldn't be offering "100KBs of monthly bandwidth". You've got issues, boy.

• @alex said: The only fact I don't like is that you're a muppet, otherwise you wouldn't be offering "100KBs of monthly bandwidth". You've got issues, boy.

Now that's very mature of you.
    You did not specify any requirements, so what did you expect?

• 24Khost
    Flipperhost
    Prometeus / Iperweb Backup
    RamNode : $8.93/quarter 90GB
    Reliablehosting : $2-$2.5 50GB/100GB