Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Providers] What's your SMTP limits per hour? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Providers] What's your SMTP limits per hour?

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2016

@racksx said:
    We had one case, where the customer complained because the VPS got suspended multiple times because he reached his limit of 350 emails per hour, now seriously if that isn't spamming then what else would be, we cancelled the services with the customer which was a spammer, but is strange how spammers are still the one's which complains in the end.

I guess I could think of a few things. Cron job notifications, generic root notifications, monitoring alerts, comment approval emails from Wordpress on a busy site, forum notifications, invoices from a WHMCS installation. You know, a few things ;)

I usually start at 500 per hour and raise if needed. I should probably start higher. Granted, totally different situation :P

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • sinsin Member
    edited December 2016

I use Sendgrid for all my servers...I love that I can just paste a few lines at the bottom of ssmtp.conf and I'm good to go. Although I just use mine for system email.

Then I don't have to worry about getting a VPS that comes with an IP that is blacklisted by 10+ blacklists =/.

• @jarland said:

I guess I could think of a few things. Cron job notifications, generic root notifications, monitoring alerts, comment approval emails from Wordpress on a busy site, forum notifications, invoices from a WHMCS installation. You know, a few things ;)

I usually start at 500 per hour and raise if needed. I should probably start higher. Granted, totally different situation :P

speedykvm limit sending/receiving email to 300emails/day

• nockernocker Member
    edited December 2016

@sin said:
    I use Sendgrid for all my servers...I love that I can just paste a few lines at the bottom of ssmtp.conf and I'm good to go. Although I just use mine for system email.

Then I don't have to worry about getting a VPS that comes with an IP that is blacklisted by 10+ blacklists =/.

do you use it for cpanel?
    can the methode pass sending limit/smtp limit on VPS?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nocker said:

@jarland said:

speedykvm limit sending/receiving email to 300emails/day

I guess that's a good way of saying "we don't allow email."

Thanked by 2GCat deadbeef
  • @jarland said:
    I'm pretty sure someone has a pool going, I should've bet on this one :P

I bet you a 6 pack of red bull or a beer, whichever is cheapest

• I have no limit (at least I never faced) at MXRoute. It got abused few times with my servers'/Nagios notifications.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MikePT said: limit for 100 SMTP connections per hour.

RoSH said: The correct answer is 100 concurrent connections.

There's a huge difference here. Which is it?

• raindog308 said: There's a huge difference here. Which is it?

@RoSH is the provider and @MikePT is just a jack-a-bout who opened a thread on LET, so.......

• @jarland said:

This is why checked the VPS to see if he is running any CPanel or any control panels etc..., he had just postfix, so you know the rest...

• So it turns out it's 100 concurrent connections which is plenty for 100 users, as per the OP's needs.

It was all a misunderstanding.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Nodewatch doesn't count concurrent connections, it counts connections in the network stack, including those who are already closed (TIME_WAIT). I'm currently talking with two providers where my VPS was suspended, even if only ONE smtp connection was active. exim4 is a mess to configure but a temporary solution is to allow MORE messages per connection.

Thanked by 1deadbeef