Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why are some countries missing in 1 & 1 (https://www.1and1.com/) list?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why are some countries missing in 1 & 1 (https://www.1and1.com/) list?

debianLoverdebianLover Member
edited April 2013 in General

I was shopping a domain from 1 & 1 but in the first step of this process you need to choose your country which I noticed I could not find Malaysia, then I noticed Singapore is also not there and maybe a few other countries as well. Why is it?

Comments

• Yes, Indonesia is not listed too :)
    If they listed Indonesia, I still won't buy anything from them.

Some of the reason, they don't want to get fraud problem from Asian people :)

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited April 2013

While the people from those listed countries worry about shady practices by 1&1, 1&1 seems to worry about people from some countries. Encouraging...

• Nah, they're just having a hard time selling those nonpayment list to collection agencies.

• I don't mean to offend anybody here, but some of the terms like "Try it for Free", "Save Up to $xxx*" are interpreted differently.
    To me "Try it for Free" means I can try it even I have no intention to buy it.
    In 1and1.com perspective, "Try it for Free" means only people that has an intention to buy, would try it.
    Many Asian think the way I think. If it said it is for free, then it really is for free. :)
    Just like when you are taking food taster in a mall.

• ChanChan Member

Probably because they couldn't find repayment agencies in those countries lol

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@debianLover said: I was shopping a domain from 1 & 1

I hope you closed the page.

• flyfly Member
    edited April 2013

don't buy from 1&1

Some alternatives that won't screw you over (as hard):

internet.bs
    namecheap.com
    name.com
    gandi.net
    hexonet.net