Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Xeon L5520 in Atlanta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dual Xeon L5520 in Atlanta

AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in General

Hey,

Anyone know of any good deals on Dual Xeon L5520's in Atlanta ?

Cheers

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Check out QuickPacket @qps perhaps

• ZiggaZigga Member
    edited April 2013

Seconded @QPS is awesome!

I bought two Dell CS24-SC - Intel Dual Xeon L5420 using LEBXEON deal. Its at 56 Marietta, Atlanta

• 5520 != 5420

• ZiggaZigga Member

@Mon5t3r said: 5520 != 5420

same same but different?

Also you never know what @QPS might be able to offer :)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Ordered from @QPS , waiting for server set up and ticket response.

• @Zigga said: Also you never know what @QPS might be able to offer :)

They offer L5520s but when I inquired about it with the sales department, they said no ETA on stock

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@Nick_A @Zigga @Infinity Thanks for the mention.

@Zigga said: 56 Marietta, Atlanta

Actually, it is 55 Marietta. :)

We're out of stock on the Dual L5520 servers at this point, but we do still have Dual L5420 servers in stock. We are planning to get some L5520 servers in, but it may be a few weeks as we're in the midst of a few projects.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@qps said: We're out of stock on the Dual L5520 servers at this point, but we do still have Dual L5420 servers in stock. We are planning to get some in, but it may be a few weeks as we're in the midst of a few projects.

I ordered a Dual L5420 6 hours ago and still waiting for the setup :(

edited April 2013

@HostUS said: I ordered a Dual L5420 6 hours ago and still waiting for the setup :(

Thanks for your order. The server will be provisioned soon.

Also, BTW, your order was placed less than 5 hours ago. Our billing department manually reviews each order prior to provisioning and reviews are only conducted during business hours, as was stated in the e-mail sent to you previously.

• Just Want to know how much for this:-

Config:-

2x L5420 Xeon or better
    16GB RAM
    IP KVM
    41TB or 21TB HDD
    10 TB traffic
    Hw Raid or Sw Raid
    5 IP (Normal offer or Maybe 1 IPv4)
    Basic Management
    Also cPanel+softaculous

So I want diff. Quotation price
    One with Hw RAID and one With Sw.

Hope to get it under $100

• sigh.

@MikeIn, contact @qps.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited April 2013

With 2x 1TB HDD , dont know the RAID (I think its Sw though) its under the price...
    @HalfEatenPie Thanks.. :)
    Also how is the network?
    I don't have any Idea...

• @MikeIn said: With 2x 1TB HDD , dont know the RAID (I think its Sw though) its under the price...

If you could please clarify that'd be awesome.

With 2x 1TB HDDs you can have either Raid 1, or Raid 0. Then there's the obvious debate between software and hardware (I won't get into it), but hardware would obviously be more expensive. Although some boards do have cheap hardware raid cards pre-installed and brings the costs down (enough that its usable).

Their network though, is amazing. Depending on which location obviously but I love the Atlanta location.

@MikeIn We only have these available in Atlanta. Software RAID is all that we include at the price listed in the link above (if your Linux-based OS supports it). We do not include management.

• IvanIvan Member

@qps the $49 p/month server is a limited offer, right? if so, how long will it be available?

@teohkay said: @qps the $49 p/month server is a limited offer, right? if so, how long will it be available?

Yes, we only have a few left, so I suspect the current inventory will be exhausted within a few days at most.