Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostForce Review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostForce Review?

Hey guys,

HostForce is temptingly cheap and has a decent support response time, but I'm not sure about their products. Does anyone have a review for them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Ordered one, whatever. :P

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@karatekidmonkey said:
    Ordered one, whatever. :P

That's the spirit :)

I grabbed one a couple months back in their initial or second offer on here, I think it's $1.25/mo for 1GB OVZ. Seems to work fine. I saw they put up like a $7/yr 512MB or something recently, which is a pretty decent deal.

Network is good enough for the price, it's pure SSD and disk I/O is fine, CPU isn't the quickest - I think they're using L5639/40 so 2.1-ish GHz cores. Overall happy with the purchase assuming they stick around (hence me buying the cheap monthly option vs opting in for a year).

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • imokimok Member
    edited December 2016

I have a 1GB OVZ (incredibly cheap) with them with 100% system uptime and 99.86% network availability according to NodeQuery (but NQ has had some downtime, so Hostforce network could be better than the reports).

Also, I've been following @miamiconsultant replies here and he seems a nice person.

Give them a chance. You did it.

• Harambe said: I think it's $1.25/mo for 1GB OVZ

Yeah that's the one I'm getting. I'm buying the HDD one though, serves my purposes better. If someone has a i/o bench for each, that would be really nice :)

your signature tho

imok said: I have a 1GB OVZ (incredibly cheap) with them with 100% system uptime and 99.86% network availability according to NodeQuery (but NQ has had some downtime, so Hostforce network could be better than the reports).

Noiceeeeeee thanks for the input!

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Thanks guys, we'll continue to work on providing cost effective hosting solutions.

HostForce and Solidspace have been around more than 10 years, but only in the last year started offering vps, dedicated and other self service products alongside existing enterprise customers.

For the unsure, we offer refunds for 7 days on account without abuse or spam. No long term contracts and cancel anytime. Just our way of making sure customers are always happy.

• @miamiconsultant thanks for your input :)

Regarding bitcoin payments, (I aready opened a ticket for this) do you have a payment gateway for it, or do I have to manually send it to your Bitcoin wallet address?

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

karatekidmonkey said: do you have a payment gateway

Not yet, still using the wallet.

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited December 2016

I've been with them for about two months. Fast response time, and only one brief, <5m downtime this entire time.

Network speed, disk I/O, CPU allocation and just in general, Hostforce is much snazzier than my 1GB/1 Core $1.11/pm KVM VPS from Virmach. The RAM usage looks a little weird on New Relic though, not sure why.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2260.908 MHz
    Total amount of ram  : 1024 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime        : 3days, 23:47:42
    Load average         : 0.12, 0.04, 0.05
    OS                   : Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-042stab116.2
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         101MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          12.8MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            8.19MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           21.5MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           2.97MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             26.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           43.4MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          27.4MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            18.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.86MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          8.78MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv6 address            Download Speed
    Linode, Atlanta, GA             2600:3c02::4b           96.1MB/s
    Linode, Dallas, TX              2600:3c00::4b           43.5MB/s
    Linode, Newark, NJ              2600:3c03::4b           72.4MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           2400:8901::4b           6.72MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               2400:8900::4b           12.2MB/s
    Softlayer, San Jose, CA         2607:f0d0:2601:2a::4    28.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Washington, WA       2607:f0d0:3001:78::2    24.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Paris, FR            2a03:8180:1301:8::4     19.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        2401:c900:1101:8::2     7.32MB/s
    Softlayer, Tokyo, JP            2401:c900:1001:16::4    8.89MB/s
    I/O speed(1st run) : 445 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 735 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 889 MB/s
    Average I/O speed  : 689.667 MB/s

• PepeSilvia said: 2.6.32-042stab116.2

Have you confirmed they've updated the kernel in-place with something like Kernelcare?

• @Damian I have not. Why?

• @PepeSilvia said:
    @Damian I have not. Why?

There have been a few privilege escalation exploits found. The latest is 120.11.

But if they use something like KC that patches the kernel then it's fine.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • @Ishaq oh wow I didn't know about it. Thanks for letting me know!

@miamiconsultant can you shine some light on this?

• wjtwjt Member
    edited December 2016

@miamiconsultant

How long do you guys take to answer a ticket? I see "24/7/365 Support" but it's been 2 days and i didn't receive any reply.

• @wjt - saturday christmas eve, sunday christmas, monday boxing day (or often travel day in US). Is yours a system down issue? billing issue? They probably are on a skeleton crew until tuesday (tomorrow) as its 12:25 am EST I presume in another 8 hours many businesses will get beck up to speed on the east coast.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • wjtwjt Member
    edited January 2017

During this time when everyone is throwing up their special offers, some providers go missing in action as if they went hiatus. I don't know if this is good or bad, but to me it's a bad move. I tried finding for them everywhere, their social channel, their other places where they might be more active, none !

Even if you don't have offers to throw around, at least post something else up, have a place where they call permanent that someone is reachable when someone is tagging them.

I can forget about that ticket Ive submitted earlier (it's a pre-sales) as they went on a long holiday i assume. Way too long as a matter of fact.

• wjt said: it's a pre-sales

So, you opened a pre-sales ticket in holiday days, you didn't receive a response on those holiday days and toy came here sending your 12th post in your 3 year presence in LET to bash them with a misleading post (it seem like you had an issue and it took more than 2 days to resolve)?
    Don't you know that sales dpts. in most providers are not open in holiday seasons? Maybe, a rep from this company posted an offer some days ago. This does not mean that the sales dpt. is open and will answer presales tickets!
    I assume (and hope) they will not accept you as a client... They will probably regret it later!

• wjtwjt Member
    edited January 2017

Heh. Look. I posted some request on the request section and I received a bunch of response, some of which, like buyvm, doesn't even have offers running (because i'm not even trying to look for special offers but an actual response from sellers), and francisco personally PM me about my inquiry.

For this one, I personally went and gave my email just so i can open a ticket (some host even have live chat now and that's a plus), and got no response.

Am I to expect that level of support from everyone? No. But hey, that's like a week since and nothing came back to me, and nothing at all here when someone is asking for him. I'm not just pinpointing it to him, but it goes to all the other host as well. Their level of activity, even though it can be automated, makes me more assured they will also be more active and attentive when someone is asking about their service.