Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 5.2.4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 5.2.4

ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
edited April 2013 in General

WHMCS have just released version 5.2.4 : http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=72070
Any observations? I am curious what do you think about recent wave of updates.

Comments

• A try to make it more secure and less buggy or vice versa ;)

• EvixoEvixo Member

Still running the 5.0.x version. 5.1.x was a complete joke (as in it screwed lots of stuff over) and since then haven't really tried 5.2.x (apart from the demo found on WHMCS).

Will possibly upgrade to 5.2.x later though.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

So many fixes, I'll spin this up on my dev license and see how it is first :-)

Not a security patch but its ridiculous with the amount of bugs that have been patched wonder how many more are hiding around on .3 and now .4

• @ModulesGarden said: Any observations? I am curious what do you think about recent wave of updates.

They bumped the version number.

• DeanDean Member
    edited April 2013

Updated; everything seems OK.

• Lots of bug fixes are expected since they did a lot of internal changes on how things interact with each other. 5.2.3 is stable, and some fixes in 5.2.4 are welcome as well.

• seems like they actually might have the bug fix deal figured out this time. Lots of releases latley to fix bugs, and patches. Cpanel finally got that part dialed in maybe?

• Again?!

• Offtopic from a complete non-provider, but is it very difficult to roll your own? Just user signup, payment, and integrate with SolusVM. And also admin and ticket. Sure, there's a large quantity of code, but none of it is particularly complicated...is it?

• @DStrout said: Offtopic from a complete non-provider, but is it very difficult to roll your own? Just user signup, payment, and integrate with SolusVM. And also admin and ticket. Sure, there's a large quantity of code, but none of it is particularly complicated...is it?

It's probably not, but buying software that works for our business, and is extendable either with modules or modification when it doesn't work for our business, allows us to spend time on other things. I'd definitely spend more than $17.95/month writing our own software.

• @Damian said: I'd definitely spend more than $17.95/month writing our own software.

^ this.

• nickvanwnickvanw Member
    edited April 2013

It would take a lot of time (which is $) to build a robust payment system that works with so many different payment processors. While a proof of concept system might be easy to spec out quickly, when you look at the plugin ecosystem and stuff that WHMCS has, you realize that it's just easier to work with it instead of reinventing the wheel.

Not to mention it's really the part of your business you don't want messing up, and writing a really robust payment system that can tie into PayPal/2CO/Google Payments/etc/etc isn't something that should be taken on lightly.

In order to really redo it, you'll have to write some of these too: http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/9/others

• (edit) Nevermind, post was bad karma.

• 5.2.3 needs no patch so they originally patched all the bugs for the old systems. Now, they are also offering individual patch for each WHMCS version.

Can't fault them.