Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real funny about AlphaRacks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Real funny about AlphaRacks

Hey everyone.
We all knew that AlphaRacks sell budget ovz vps for a long time. I personally think their service and their price are matched, as you can imagine.
BUT, things got changed recently.
First my vps was down for a couple of hours without notification in advance. I opened the ticket to ask what happened, and was told they were working on the node. After another couple of hours, my vps was online. Here is the funny part:

I found apt-get upgrade speed was up to 50 KB/s.
I run a bench.sh script to test more, and got an average I/O speed: 9.1 MB/s.

the screen showed here:

Isn't that funny enough? What I bought? A server with TF card as HDD? What can I do if the I/O speed is less than 10MB/s?

Haven't send that ticket to ask. Just feel ridiculous.....

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Hey, you got peak 14.8MB/s. That's faster than a TF card!

Thanked by 2GCat doghouch
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

KylinT said: and was told they were working on the node

That's a big red flag. If the provider tells you that they are "working on the node" without telling you what they are doing, that doesn't bode well...

Judging from your description, I'm guessing it's something like rebuilding their RAID array. Why they don't just upfront tell you that, is anybody's guess...

Thanked by 2netomx GCat
  • @MikeA Right. That sounds more ironically ....
    @joepie91 You remained me. I check alpharacks website, their network status & news, showed below:

Nothing about maintaining of any node. Everything goes fine from the disclosed information.....Aha.

• @KylinT said:
    Haven't send that ticket to ask. Just feel ridiculous.....

Might be a good idea to send a ticket in. I don't think it's a good idea when at the first sign of trouble you dump your concerns on LET. It's not like this is a recurring issue. You said you were fine with the provider up until this point.

Just send a ticket in, i'm sure they'll make things right.

• Anecdotal evidence on here that they are shit. Haven't had a good experience with them either.

• Their prices are cheap,they definetly oversell a lot.

• @MikeA said:
    Hey, you got peak 14.8MB/s. That's faster than a TF card!

It's the 21st century baby!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This thread was bumped with a seemingly duplicate post. I deleted the posts and set thread to sink. No reason to have two threads bumped for the same topic.

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
  • GoatSellerGoatSeller Member
    edited January 2017

Damn, @jarland was fast :(