Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoDaddy is now officially against SOPA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoDaddy is now officially against SOPA

fanfan Veteran
edited December 2011 in General

Comments

• What they may not consider is that people will not use them in the future. How many people transfer away now is short-sighted compared to how many future registrations they have lost.

Their change of position was brought about by the impact on their business, not because morally those in charge have had a change of heart. Money talks, and in this case transferring away worked better than any petition because it's the very coin you pay with that enables their lifestyles. Threaten that and you get their ears and attention.

• Their management still support it, they're just trying to stop people transferring.

They've even imposed limits on transferring now.

• @Daniel said: They've even imposed limits on transferring now.

WTF? What limits?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Daniel I read that somewhere. However they said 'its standard pratice in the industry' the amount of domaans that could be transferred(I couldn't comment on that). Personally have moved my few away and will never return. I know some guy who had way over 200 odd domains with them and hes moved every single one.

• ChristianChristian Member
    edited December 2011

@Daniel said: They've even imposed limits on transferring now.

In what way? I'm going to transfer 50+ domains away from godaddy in couple of days(not because of SOPA just because I save a lot of money that way). So I hope I won't have trouble...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Christian said: not because of SOPA

You support SOPA then? :P

• @Christian said: because I save a lot of money that way

Because of their ToS was my reason to leave many many years ago.

• @Joel said: WTF? What limits?

If you have less then 30 days or something on your domain, you are unable to transfer it. I wanted to transfer 1 domain out of GoDaddy, but it came out of that error. Im just going to leave it to die along with the other 4 domains on GoDaddy I have that expire within 30 days.

• @Daniel said: If you have less then 30 days or something on your domain, you are unable to transfer it. I wanted to transfer 1 domain out of GoDaddy, but it came out of that error. Im just going to leave it to die along with the other 4 domains on GoDaddy I have that expire within 30 days.

Wow, damn :X ..Then luckily I transferred a domain that should've expired now, just week ago (days, actually)! And another 3 domains where transferred few months ago, all of mentioned domains where expiring in 10-15 days (one actually was expiring in 7 or 8 days)! I must be lucky that this shit wasn't applied until some days ago when I transferred my last expiring domain.
    I don't have more domains under godaddy expiring soon, I have to take it into consideration when I start transferring every other domain from there, I used to do it right before expiration.

• @Infinity said: You support SOPA then? :P

No, but I don't really care about it. :)

• @Christian said: No, but I don't really care about it. :)

Trust me you will.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Christian said: No, but I don't really care about it. :)

If it comes into action, watch how you'll take those words back.

Thanked by 2Joel [Deleted User]
  • @Christian said: No, but I don't really care about it. :)

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• edited December 2011

I think I fall at the first hurdle not sure well I use to be a trade unionist and I'm not jewish you can check if you want...

• @net said: I think I fall at the first hurdle

It's not about any of that, it's about speaking up for your rights before nobody will.

• @mitgib

Yeah I understand ;) Just kidding :)