Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[request] online hosting for multiple .PST outlook files
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[request] online hosting for multiple .PST outlook files

Hello, i have many .pst files from different accounts and would like to host them online and access them via Webmail.

Do you know a service to do this? I nead at least 100GB of space.

Im not going to create any new account, just upload the .pst and search old emails.

Thank you!

alex.

Comments

• so bad =(

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

You would need to be hosting the same domain name/email account on the host in order to be able to access the pst file via webmail access.

• @dedicados - I dont know if this is exactly what you envison, but you could upload your pst to Office 365 from microsoft and access them that way. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Overview-of-importing-PST-files-and-SharePoint-data-to-Office-365-ba688e0a-0fcb-4bd7-8e57-2b669564ea84

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited December 2016

Microsoft is trying hard to make sure no other application than outlook-like applications can read it. I've tried to write a plugin that could import a PST-exported outlook file from outlook 2013 into thunderbird. I wasn't able to get useful information from it at all. I feel like some kind of encryption is used for every mail, and that the key is hardcoded in Microsoft office... Otherwise they use some weird-shit encoding.

However, when you use a .pst format of before 2003, you actually can import it! (There are a lot of librarires for this)

So, when the PST file you're talking about is too new -- and it will probably be -- then I think you must go with an alternative that Microsoft offers. I would recommend to look if hotmail/outlook.com can import this. If you want to host it for yourself, I think you will need an exchange server for that.

Thanked by 1PandaRain
  • You can take a look at this too: https://costela.net/2011/06/importing-an-outlook-pst-into-imap/

I didn't test it, but according to this article you can load all your mails to a IMAP server (dovecot powered). I expect that this may work only up to outlook 2003, but you can try it!

If this works, the next challange is to install a webmail client. Roundcube supports IMAP so that would be a logical choice...

• Thank you, i will try.

i have already linux servers, but i wanted to host this .pst files online to access them everywhere.

thanks @JasperNL