Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enterprise quality cpanel hosting? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enterprise quality cpanel hosting?

13»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doughnet said: KnownHost doesn't have a high availability cpanel hosting (what I've been inquiring on).

Neither does WiredTree; so they are out of my discussions.

Really?

If you're asking "I can take a few seconds outage that occurs very rarely" then I think that's what KH/WT provides as they can move VMs from one server to another. I don't know how automated that is.

If you're looking for "it never ever goes down" then cpanel is just not your solution because that's not possible. cpanel is a pretty ancient product when it comes to modern thinking.

It's possible to engineer 100% uptime using load balancers and such, or very expensive hardware, but not with cpanel and not at LEB prices.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@raindog308 I think he was looking for a solution, not necessarily one at LET Prices.

• raindog308 said: Really?

Yes they don't have cpanel specifically that is highly available (what I specifically was researching

raindog308 said: It's possible to engineer 100% uptime using load balancers and such, or very expensive hardware, but not with cpanel and not at LEB prices.

I don't see why it shouldn't be capable of having it as a PaaS which is highly available. But I have found out that there isn't something out in the market that is very close to what I was looking for/researching. Of course; if you want something done right I guess you have to do it yourself still. I felt that with the available tools in the market now days (Amazon S3 for storage/Amazon RDS/Failover IPs/DNS/etc) it was possible to do a high availability with cpanel at a cost that didn't require breaking the bank (something small businesses could afford, etc).

MODS can close this thread; it doesn't seem like there is any additional beneficial information that can be provided

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We do a cPanel managed cluster of 5 Dedicated Servers which is highly available in every sense and geographically distributed, but it costs over $1500 per month. Same could be done with a few custom KVM vpses as well, but is your budget enough for 3-5 cPanel licenses, and servers and management?

Thanked by 1willie
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@StartVM-Chase said:

Why would you take a monthly backup if you are already taking them daily? hmm...

Daily backup can be corrupted so Monthly and Weekly backup is useful.