Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest a good SSD Shared web host having I/O speed 100MB/s
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest a good SSD Shared web host having I/O speed 100MB/s

Hi,
This is my first post over here, though I am a regular reader of LET and LEB and own few VPS with various providers, today I want suggestion for the following:-

I've few sites hosted with a reputed shared hosting provider giving me 100 GB SSDs which produce average I/O speed 400 MB/s (as they don't oversell). They have recently changed their datacenter which I'm not in favor of and so want to move to another shared web host who is providing the minimum of the following:-

1. 100 GB SSD space or more.
  2. 100 MB/s I/O speed or more.
  3. Monthly price $10 or less. (backups should be included)
  4. Generous inode limit 500,000 or more.

Some of the LEB and Premium VPS provider sites I visited where I found they do offer Shared/Reseller SSD hosting but have low I/O limit of 1 MB/s and 5 MB/s on HDDs and SSDs in their ToS/Sales Chat which is I'm not looking for.

Can anyone please suggest me shared hosting provider in the U.S. who satisfies above specs?

P.S. do not suggest EIG companies. thanks.

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Unrealistic expectations. It's a shared hosting, not a vps.

• OnlineCorpOnlineCorp Member
    edited December 2016

@leapswitch said:
    Unrealistic expectations. It's a shared hosting, not a vps.

Some genuine shared hosting companies do offer it, just like my current host. So it's not at all unrealistic expectations.

• 100 MB/s I/O is really unheard of, when it comes to shared hosting. I agree with Ishan.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

So consider your current company has 4X1TB SSDs in raid10 giving them roughly 1.7TB space. $10 for 100GB non oversold SSD space gives allows them say 15 of your plans. Is that enough money for someone to sell hosting, provide support, pay for cpanel and other licenses?

In shared hosting, why do you even need 100MB/s sequential IO? Do your users upload/write 100MB per account per second? Or do they read that much per second? If they are doing that a vps or a small dedi might be a better idea for them.

100GB space is more than enough to host 500 odd WordPress websites. Considering a small charge of $1 per website per month, you will make more money than the shared hosting provider.

Unrealistic, or maybe just old me.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

Stick to a Vps with a free controlpanel(vestacp). may be year end sale soon by top LET providers soon

I have not seen anyone offering 100MB I/o in recent times over discussion . But it's doable by someone even without limiting the I/o on shared hosting nodes.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • You probably would be better of getting a VPS and using VestaCP or some other control panel to your liking.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I must agree with others here and say +1 for VPS with these requirements, and you're likely going to need to increase your budget to get one with a good provider :-).

• In the event you are willing to consider a provider outside the US we may be able to assist you, however we would need to better understand your requirements before confirming 100%.

PM me if you are interested in chatting further.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • OnlineCorpOnlineCorp Member
    edited December 2016

@leapswitch @JunkLess @vpsGOD @Clouvider @leckley thanks for your inputs. I found WebFaction who was able to provide me with my so called "unrealistic" specifications for a shared hosting account. They have provided shared hosting with 100 GB SSD, 1GB useable RAM, no limit on inodes, full backups, and my dd I/O test came out 487 MB/s as disk are hosted in Softlayer (IBM) datacenter at Dallas. The deal was $10/mo which is ok for me. Though I am looking a provider on East Coast of U.S. but Dallas is not bad.

Here's the I/O test in the image
    http://tinypic.com/r/2wd96pu/9

Also, If there is any provider in Atlanta who can provide at least 50 GB SSD, 100 MB/s I/O do PM me.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2016

OnlineCorp said: I found WebFaction who was able to provide me with my so called "unrealistic" specifications for a shared hosting account. They have provided shared hosting with 100 GB SSD, 1GB useable RAM, no limit on inodes, full backups, and my dd I/O test came out 487 MB/s as disk are hosted in Softlayer (IBM) datacenter at Dallas. The deal was $10/mo which is ok for me. Though I am looking a provider on East Coast of U.S. but Dallas is not bad.

Sounds like a new node, wait till they start putting other customers on it and come back here and let us know if you sustain the same IO rate over time, I doubt you will. I am glad you found something that works for you, but I learned a long time ago, "If it is too good to be true, it often is...".

Cheers!

• @OnlineCorp said:

. I found WebFaction

Ooh. I just found out webfaction uses Softlayer for all their locations, even Singapore.

*gears turning * in my head.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I was a WebFaction customer for years, they're pretty awesome.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@OnlineCorp said:
    @leapswitch @JunkLess @vpsGOD @Clouvider @leckley thanks for your inputs. I found WebFaction who was able to provide me with my so called "unrealistic" specifications for a shared hosting account. They have provided shared hosting with 100 GB SSD, 1GB useable RAM, no limit on inodes, full backups, and my dd I/O test came out 487 MB/s as disk are hosted in Softlayer (IBM) datacenter at Dallas. The deal was $10/mo which is ok for me. Though I am looking a provider on East Coast of U.S. but Dallas is not bad.

Also, If there is any provider in Atlanta who can provide at least 50 GB SSD, 100 MB/s I/O do PM me.

The fact you've created this post in an attempt to say 'hey, told you I was right, and you've been wrong all the time' tells me that you simply don't understand the message most of us here was trying to put across to you at all.

Anyway, good luck and have a good day

• @OnlineCorp said:
    Hi,
    This is my first post over here, though I am a regular reader of LET and LEB and own few VPS with various providers, today I want suggestion for the following:-

I've few sites hosted with a reputed shared hosting provider giving me 100 GB SSDs which produce average I/O speed 400 MB/s (as they don't oversell). They have recently changed their datacenter which I'm not in favor of and so want to move to another shared web host who is providing the minimum of the following:-

1. 100 GB SSD space or more.
    2. 100 MB/s I/O speed or more.
    3. Monthly price $10 or less. (backups should be included)
    4. Generous inode limit 500,000 or more.

Some of the LEB and Premium VPS provider sites I visited where I found they do offer Shared/Reseller SSD hosting but have low I/O limit of 1 MB/s and 5 MB/s on HDDs and SSDs in their ToS/Sales Chat which is I'm not looking for.

Can anyone please suggest me shared hosting provider in the U.S. who satisfies above specs?

P.S. do not suggest EIG companies. thanks.

I think you are better of with a VPS like others said

Look

Thinks can.go wrong no matter you Host at shared vps.or dedi..

And why do you need such a high io....

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @OnlineCorp said:

Do you understand the difference between a shared hosting account and a VPS ?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Simply deny OP instead of bashing OP. You think you are best and expert in technical field.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Simply deny OP instead of bashing OP. You think you are best and expert in technical filed.

Completely unrelated to the thread, but related to your character: Stop spamming Reddit with your garbage. I had to report a shitty post on /r/selfhosted with you promoting your service under the guise of something useful.

No one wants the garbage you sell, don't let the door AutoBoot you in the ass on the way out.

Thanked by 1Junkless