Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be aware of OpticalSwoosh - he's a scammer! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Be aware of OpticalSwoosh - he's a scammer!

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

He probably just leased a server for a month and did not renew.

• This guy tried to get us to give him a bunch of free servers a few weeks back and in return he'd send us business, we respectfully declined.

Then he posted a thread about us and tried again to ask for free servers. To which again, we respectfully declined.

• @VortexMagnus said:
    This guy tried to get us to give him a bunch of free servers a few weeks back and in return he'd send us business, we respectfully declined.

Then he posted a thread about us and tried again to ask for free servers. To which again, we respectfully declined.

Give me some free servers. I won't steal them- I can idle like a sunnabitch!

• Anthony2016 said: because we paid him in Bitcoins.

And here's where your btc gone... https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/96966/btc-to-bank#latest

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @VortexMagnus said:
    This guy tried to get us to give him a bunch of free servers a few weeks back and in return he'd send us business, we respectfully declined.

Should have had some fun with him. Until he refers X amount of people, the server will reboot every 5 minutes ;)

• Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
    edited December 2016

@jvnadr said:

Anthony2016 said: because we paid him in Bitcoins.

And here's where your btc gone... https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/96966/btc-to-bank#latest

Yup, it's almost funny how accurate this linked topic is, because we have paid him exactly on the 17th November => http://prntscr.com/dhnyyi

So instead of renewing our server, he on the same day rather spent his time to find the most convenient way to cash out and run.

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited December 2016

@Layer said:
    I can't understand only one thing.

Every person who worked with @AutoSnipe scammed people.

Example: @joodle , @TinyTunnel_Tom

Did @joodle scam people? (requesting confirmation)

• @Nixtren said:

@Layer said:

Did @joodle scam people? (requesting confirmation)

Can we please stop with this? If you search on this website, you can find the answer to that.

tl;dr: everybody got either their hardware or they money back, happy now?

edited December 2016

@Anthony2016 what made you decide to use him to begin with, here are my thoughts:

1) You did not know his name

2) it is not a registered company

3) they have no website

4) they have no history

5) you had no contract, implied or otherwise

6) your first transaction was a 6 month pre-payment

7) you were not born yesterday based on your email address you are around 32 years old.

I really do not understand.

I guess there is a wilder beast for every crocodile

Thanked by 2GCat Clouvider
  • AnthonySmith said: I really do not understand.

I thought the answer is quite clear? It's either free speech stuff or something shady. My guess would be the latter.

spitz said: I thought the answer is quite clear? It's either free speech stuff or something shady

I have re-read the thread, I don't see anything like that so it is not clear, sorry if I am being dense or blind, could you point out what specifically you are talking about?

• spitzspitz Member
    edited December 2016

@AnthonySmith said:

spitz said: I thought the answer is quite clear? It's either free speech stuff or something shady

I have re-read the thread, I don't see anything like that so it is not clear, sorry if I am being dense or blind, could you point out what specifically you are talking about?

Isn't your own post containing the seven list more than enough to answer the question? Under those conditions alone, you have to be a moron to pay six months in advance. But those who look for stuff on LET are not morons, they/we are cheapskates. A cheapskate wouldn't part with his $ unless he doesn't have much choices. Why would you think the reason for the limited choices?

Edit:

And no, I don't believe for even one second that OP is a wildebeest. A risk-taker would be more appropriate.

ah ok it was a guess/assumption, sorry I thought I was missing something.

• @Layer said:

Interested to hear who you are with this much history under your belt.

• mik997mik997 Member
    edited December 2016

@Anthony2016 said:

Yup, it's almost funny how accurate this linked topic is, because we have paid him exactly on the 17th November => http://prntscr.com/dhnyyi

OUCH!

that works out around €480 .. must have been a top-of-the-line server for €80 /mo ,,, ;-?

• Finds random guy on street- here take 500 euros- just deliver a bottle of booze at the start of every month. I don't need to know your real name or where you live. I trust you. Now who on earth would do that?

• @OhMyMy said:
    Finds random guy on street- here take 500 euros- just deliver a bottle of booze at the start of every month. I don't need to know your real name or where you live. I trust you. Now who on earth would do that?

People I must get in touch with. I'll be a nice guy and I'll deliver the damn bottle of booze with a thank you note.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@OhMyMy said:
    Finds random guy on street- here take 500 euros- just deliver a bottle of booze at the start of every month. I don't need to know your real name or where you live. I trust you. Now who on earth would do that?

Are you offering? Because I'll do it :P

• only if you can get delimiter to deliver me red bull and pop tarts too

Thanked by 1willie
  • @OhMyMy said:
    only if you can get delimiter to deliver me red bull and pop tarts too

you're not really new to this place, are you?

Thanked by 2Riz Amitz
  • OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@falzo Such amazing insight - some people lurk for a while- does that meet your approval? did I violate some rule? Anyone new around here seems to truly spook everyone. Should I have posted from day one of finding site? You seem full of insightful commentary- please enlighten me. I could post insipid I missed the kimsufi sale I want one, I missed the online.net sale I want one. I missed vortex reselling cc- I want one. can you transfer it oh please oh please oh please. gimme gimme gimme? Would that be better? or do you prefer I got wa wa wa wabled over their backups and 75 cent plan. Tell me more, what would make you comfortable with newbie?

• @Falzo said:

@OhMyMy said:

you're not really new to this place, are you?

Someone should maintain a timeline covering all the ups and downs of each provider and each LET user.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • @OhMyMy said:
    Such amazing insight - some people lurk for a while- does that meet your approval? did I violate some rule? Anyone new around here seems to truly spook everyone. Should I have posted from day one of finding site? You seem full of insightful commentary- please enlighten me. I could post insipid I missed the kimsufi sale I want one, I missed the online.net sale I want one. I missed vortex reselling cc- I want one. can you transfer it oh please oh please oh please. gimme gimme gimme? Would that be better?

You sure are defensive for being a lurker. This trend is becoming all too obvious, and it's actually pretty comical.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@OhMyMy said:

You have to follow a strict posting schedule and have all of your posts approved by the host. This can take up to 48 hours and really makes conversation difficult.

• @OhMyMy said:

feeling offended? who the cap fit...

Thanked by 1Riz
  • Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
    edited December 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    1) You did not know his name

He gave us his name: James Thomas

It's not like we would ask for a passport and driver license. On the internet most things are based on gut feeling, word to mouth recommendations, or simply put trust and he hadn't really shown any typical "hey im a scammer" warning signs until that point. Though he did show an unreliable attitude here and there which is why we decided to not do anything with him execpt this server (since we needed those IPs) and as the server was running fine for the first 3 months, we thought we could proceed with him and at this point we were wrong.

Needless to say, we will avoid doing business with individuals who show similar patterns like him in the future, this topic mainly exists to warn others here not to fall in the same trap.

6) your first transaction was a 6 month pre-payment

We rented the server for three months before that and everything went fine during those first 3 months, no single downtime, no nonsense.
    Seeing how it went properly until to this point we paid 6 months in advance and afterwards it went offline, the topic on 17th November basically gives an indication he never intended to renew and rather took the money for himself.

Before that we rented a /24 subnet for our server in Russia from him, but when we wanted another one for a machine in the Netherlands which he couldn't deliver, so we went directly to the broker afterwards.
    I'm glad we didn't pay in advance for the subnets as well, we would have lost even more money then...

Anthony2016 said: based on gut feeling, word to mouth recommendations

You might want to punch yourself in the gut and slap what ever prankster recommended him personally then as they screwed you over.

• I love @OhMyMy's signature which says it all in this instance:

Your domain is registered overseas, you have virtual mail drop box, claim llc in random state and use colo in another - You want to sell me what?