Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any LEB Hosts offering A VPS with Add-on IPS in Different C Classes? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any LEB Hosts offering A VPS with Add-on IPS in Different C Classes?

2»

Comments

• @Sterbat said: Either they are noobish beyond reason, or they are criminals.

Do you call the Google police for suspicion of blackhat SEO practices?

@Sterbat said: How about this, can anyone here provide at least one reason, just one legitimate, non-grey-area reason, to request IPs from different /24's --- on a LEB?

Maybe some reseller (insert reseller excuse here)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rockstarvps.com (not linking to boost their pagerank) is a typical "SEO VPS" provider. 25 different "class C" IPs for only $100 a month...

• SterbatSterbat Member
    edited April 2013

@doughmanes said: Do you call the Google police for suspicion of blackhat SEO practices?

I'll call 'em right now if they have troll repellent :) No, we don't call them, but someone out there certainly does. After about a week-and-a-half, complaints roll in from all over. Then stopforumspam starts sending us notices regarding said clients. After that, the DMCA content removal requests start flowing in. And occasionally, the Spamhaus wing of the Google police gets involved.

Did I use 'criminals' loosely? Perhaps, maybe 'disreputable netizens' would have been more appropriate.

• @Sterbat name servers;)

• we've seen some clients requesting such IPs belongs to different /24 maybe they use it for SEO and i think some use it to for DNS server to appear from different network for their ns1 and ns2

Roel

• DieselDiesel Member
    edited April 2013

@Sterbat I believe creating nameservers for German domains (.de) requires using IPs from different subnets. You have to have two nameservers and two different IPs and these IPs have to be in different C-classes. This always bites me in the ass when using LEBs. Gotta love these ccTLDs annoyances...

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@MTUser2012 We have the ability do do this in Atlanta.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited April 2013

@klikli said: @Sterbat name servers;)

nameservers are NOT a valid reason for multiple IPs on a single server. For DNS you are supposed to buy another server in a different datacenter.