Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I being scammed by this web host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I purchased a VPS and after many days still cannot get it to work. The given IP v4 address simply cannot be connected via Putty.

Please see following ticket:

Am I allowed to name this web host here?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well, you already did since it says it in his signature :P

Francisco

Thanked by 3gens GCat Gravely
  • Opps. I didn't notice it.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Scammed, that depends on who you ask. But it shouldn't take 1-2 weeks to get an IP working again, sounds like outsourced support who can't help + lack of control on the upper management.

We wouldn't know though!

Also welcome to LowEndTalk; "Hopefully you have a backup".

Thanked by 3gens HyperSpeed ucxo
  • @MikeA said:
    Scammed, that depends on who you ask. But it shouldn't take 1-2 weeks to get an IP working again, sounds like outsourced support who can't help + lack of control on the upper management.

We wouldn't know though!

Also welcome to LowEndTalk; "Hopefully you have a backup".

Luckily I only paid $5.99 for this and not $59.90 yearly plan.

• Some may call it scamming, others will call it "bad support", while a few will consider it your fault. One thing for sure, they have to be mentioned : Quick click hosting : http://quickclickhosting.com/

Ask for a refund, they allow it (even if it seems like they are staling) http://quickclickhosting.com/terms-of-service/30-day-100-satisfaction-guarantee/

Post a request here with your desired specs, I'm sure the members will help you out.

Thanked by 2gens tneilvn
  • What was the plan?

PM me and I'll get you setup right now :)

Thanked by 2gens Unixfy
  • @Ishaq said:
    What was the plan?

PM me and I'll get you setup right now :)

Thanks for kind message. I already purchased the replacement VPS elsewhere.

Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • If there's solusvm, you should try to reconfigure your network on there.

• They're all fucktarded, or think you are. I had one assume I was an idiot because I don't even bother reading their stock mail template when I asked where to setup my reverse PTR today, even though I gave them the damn bind/nsd cuttenpaste code for it.

In this case, they're fucktarded, not you.

Thanked by 1gens
  • Challenge it on your credit card, provide this image as proof to your credit card company you never got the service.

Thanked by 1gens
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Update: Look like a new company because of they did not change logo of whmcs and maybe they are facing issue from their datacenter. (Sometimes datacenter give a bad configured IP Address)

Iive chat: You are number 23 in the queue. Please wait... lol..

Well, Simply ask him to refund money since they failed to provide VPS on time and If not agree to refund your money then contact your payment gateway provider or bank.

Thanked by 1gens
  • DewlanceVPS said: Look like a new company because of they did not change logo of whmcs

I never change it, why would i anyway - everyone knows it's WHMCS...

• Quick Click - Treat with caution

Thanked by 1gens
  • Its not quick

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@gens said:

Hello there,

If you can find a similar package here: https://www.hetnix.com/vps-servers.xml I can give you the first month free, so we can compensate the money you spent on the scam host.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1gens
  • @dotted said:

Ask for a refund, they allow it (even if it seems like they are staling) http://quickclickhosting.com/terms-of-service/30-day-100-satisfaction-guarantee/

Their ToS says something totally different: (emphasis mine)

http://quickclickhosting.com/terms-of-service/

v. Refunds and Disputes. All payments to Quick Click Hosting are non-refundable. This includes the one-time setup charge (if applicable) and subsequent charges or fees regardless of usage. All overcharges or billing disputes must be handled directly via the Quick Click Hosting Billing Team within 10 days of the overcharge or dispute. Initiation of a formal complaint or chargeback for services from Quick Click Hosting is a strict violation of this TOS. A “formal complaint” or “chargeback” shall be defined as initiation of any complaint, dispute, or chargeback with PayPal and/or your credit card issuer. Upon receipt of a formal complaint or chargeback, Quick Click Hosting will take immediate action against the offending account including suspension or termination at our sole discretion. Further, such a complaint or chargeback will result in deactivation of all services on your account whether you disputed one or all of the services on your account. Chargebacks will also result in being reported to debt collection agencies. You will be responsible for all debt collection fees as well as all owed fees to Quick Click Hosting Internet Services.

The next section is contradictory:

Special Offers/Coupons

Coupon abuse will not be tolerated and may result in the suspension and/or termination of the account, loss of our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee protection, and thus no refunds will be offered. Coupons or discounts are only valid towards the initial purchase, and do not affect the renewal or recurring price, unless specifically mentioned. If you have any questions about promotions, please contact our Sales Department prior to placing your order.

Thanked by 2GoatSeller gens
  • Ok, guys.

This morning (my local time), I got the refund from them, surprisingly. I guess they had viewed this topic or someone told them.

For sake of completeness, I included the last reply from them in the support ticket:

Please stay away from this sub-standard web host.

And many thanks to all of you guys that had shared your views and kind VPS offers.

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • @DewlanceVPS said:
    Update: Look like a new company because of they did not change logo of whmcs and maybe they are facing issue from their datacenter. (Sometimes datacenter give a bad configured IP Address)

Indeed, can happen but most semi-decent DC's should be able to get that sorted fairly quickly or allocate a new IP range.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

A lot of companies have a no refund policy in place to avoid trial period abusers but will gladly refund if they are the ones at fault, it is only fair.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I'd bet that this "provider" is either reselling, or has outsourced support that doesn't have access to the actual systems. That's a completely unreasonable way to deal with tickets.

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

@gens said:

I purchased a VPS and after many days still cannot get it to work. The given IP v4 address simply cannot be connected via Putty.

Please see following ticket:

Am I allowed to name this web host here?

Glad to see you got your money back. However for future reference, if a web host does not bother to brand their client portal (notice their client area still has the WHMCS logo), I would take this as a red flag.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2016

@FernGullyGraphics A lot of hosts don't change the WHMCS logo.

(EDIT: necro ._.)