Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of support for LowEndSpirit NAT VPS in Hong Kong
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

End of support for LowEndSpirit NAT VPS in Hong Kong

Just got an email from Gestion DBI / DeepNet Solutions.

Due to the no-popularity of this location, we regret to announce the end of life of our LowEndSpirit NAT VPS offers in our Hong Kong datacenter.
All VPS  will be terminated on December 31, 2016 at 09h00 GMT-4.

Here's their remaining NAT VPS offers. https://clients.gestiondbi.com/index.php?/cart/lowendspirit-nat-vps/

Thanked by 1GCat

Comments

• Kinda surprised there's a lack of popularity, I think people liked really cheap green circles in unusual places.

Thanked by 1i83
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It is one of those locations that when asked about 20 people give you a thumbs up and make lots of noise about, then you launch it, and you get 15 people sign up and that's it.

I think it is just that the crowd that like unusual places make the most noise about it, but the 'crowd' is still fairly small.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    Kinda surprised there's a lack of popularity, I think people liked really cheap green circles in unusual places.

I'm quite surpised too. However got lot of ticket requesting dedicated IP in this location.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: I think people liked really cheap green circles in unusual places.

I told you that's just a birthmark and besides, you can't really catch that from a toilet seat.

Thanked by 2Nekki Abdussamad
  • Thanks. The email went straight to my spambox so didn't notice. It's a pitty though.

• This is so sad to see this location gone from my list :(

• seikan said: This is so sad to see this location gone from my list :(

Agreed. I'm not sure what I can replace it with yet. I'm not too keen on the other GDBI locations, except South Africa, which I already have.

Anybody know any other low end NAT offerings in that part of the world?

• I think most of the people use HK location either for a VPS (for people to get past the GFW) or host a website that is mainly targeted to Chinese clients without getting an IPC in China. For the both purposes if there is no direct pipe to mainland China then it is probably better for them to get something in west coast with China optimized route/other parts of Asia instead.

Just my speculations.

• I'm sad but I understand why david is doing this

But on the mean time there is I-83 NAT offering in SG

Add me to that list for the NAT offerings in that region

@Ole_Juul said:
    Agreed. I'm not sure what I can replace it with yet. I'm not too keen on the other GDBI locations, except South Africa, which I already have.

Anybody know any other low end NAT offerings in that part of the world?

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited December 2016

simonindia said: there is I-83 NAT offering in SG

Would you explain what that means?

OK, got it from Google. I-83 is no longer an interstate highway, but has transformed itself into an purveyor of fine NATs. Link here: https://i-83.net/

Yes, thanks simonindia, that will probably be great for me. I take it you don't think these guys are too bad.

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Ole_Juul said:

OK, got it from Google. I-83 is no longer an interstate highway, but has transformed itself into an purveyor of fine NATs. Link here: https://i-83.net/

Yes, thanks simonindia, that will probably be great for me. I take it you don't think these guys are too bad.

You will find the odd complaint about them and their sister company, Quadhost. Personally I've been using them (both brands) for a while with no issues and @Wych (if he's still running the show) is a nice guy, but have a little read up first.

Thanked by 1i83
  • Nekki said: Quadhost

Ordered months ago - still waiting for promised BGP in BG.

• @Ole_Juul said:

Sorry for not giving you an link they are great for the price I have no complaints so far they don't count BW but they have an fair usage policy.

I have SG and India from @i83 both little boxes are great

They have an 15 % off on all NAT plans 15OFFNAT

location they offer are CA/US/UK/FR/NL/DE/BG/IN/SG/NZ

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul i83
  • I decided to get two of those I-83 natters and just did so now. It seems the 15% offer has expired, but no worries.

• Tragedy, the cancellation of my one, although the purchase has not been used after it!

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited December 2016

xkwy521 said: Tragedy, the cancellation of my one, although the purchase has not been used after it!

cool

Edit: Sorry, I just thought your wording, being impossible for me to really understand, was funny. :) Nevertheless, it occurred to me that you were sincere and perhaps couldn't figure out what to do. You need to contact them and arrange for your server to either be moved to their Los Angeles location or get a refund for the remaining time. You can also get a credit, which is what will happen if you don't contact them about it.

In any case, this is not much of an expense so nobody will lose any significant money regardless of what happens. But yes, it's too bad we will no longer have such a unique location for our low end natters.