Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explain about VPS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Explain about VPS.

kobykoby Member

Was looking to buy a VPS at bestbuyrdp.com/encoding-rdp/

And I want to know if I will really get the CPU that is writen there, or it will be used by many people or how the VPS-s work?

It says: Encoding Slots are limited to 16-18 for beginner plan and 10-12 for the professional plan to enhance the Encoding speed and Performance.

What does this mean?

I know I should have asked the VPS support, but I don't think they will give be detailed information.

Comments

• It probably means they put 16-18 clients per server.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited December 2016

I am skeptical. You get what you pay for?

• @cheapwebdev said:
    I am skeptical. You get what you pay for?

Skeptical of what? You think the price of $11/month is for the whole server?

• of course he loves bluelemonhost and hvh - and has concerns with kimsufi provisioning and vortex provisioning. but hey, he knows of quality.

Thanked by 2Four20 deadbeef
  • JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited December 2016

Let me evaluate this for you.

1. The offer is in any way unsustainable for this price.
    2. Doing a whois lookup shows that the domain is less than a year old.
    3. The website looks like the result of a html/css class.
    4. The ribbons in the bottom do not lead anywhere.
    5. Except for their own review page, google shows no results of any review elsewhere on the internet.
    6. The nameservers point at NS*.THCSERVERS.COM, which is a vps/web hosting company. If this company has servers, why would they outsource their website?
    7. Doing a whois lookup shows that they use privacy protection. If you're a legitimate company, why would you use this?
    8. Googling the phone number yields no results, not even a link to a phone book showing that it is a legitimate company.
    9. One of their links points at alexa.com, showing that only people from Arabic countries and India are interested in this website. However, they are an US-based company, focussed at english-speaking people. I think they're doing it wrong then.

All in all, I highly doubt that you will ever get anything when you go with them. I think you just lose your money.

I looked something further, and found that you can request a demo: https://bestbuyrdp.com/whmcs/submitticket.php
    Try that, unless they want to get money first!

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ok it will be better to buy

2 KVM SSD from this and merge: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

or 1 BEGINNER 250 from this:
    https://bestbuyrdp.com/encoding-rdp/

• @koby said:
    ok it will be better to buy

2 KVM SSD from this and merge: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

For ENCODING????

• yeah, short uhd videos, i have used the one of wishosting in the past, but was looking for a faster one.

• @koby said:
    yeah, short uhd videos, i have used the one of wishosting in the past, but was looking for a faster one.

Unless the VPS comes with dedicated vCore, you'll get banned for abuse. Alternatively, your cores will get throttled to the speed of a medieval snail trying to outran the Mongols.

Tons of CPU -> dedicated server or VPS with clearly stated "do what you want" CPU usage policy.

• wishosting allows it, while bestbuy actually offer encoding vps.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited December 2016

Get a slice!

/thread

• koby said: encoding-rdp

I never touch such VPS/RDP, that simple 1-dedicated server (yeah maybe highend specs CPU and monster RAM), shared with otherS client: HDD, bandwitth, memory. In the end they can easily suspend your rdp/vps because consume to much resources annoying "neighbor". Not to mention owner can snoop all your files because they monitoring the resource usage for each.

You'll find best answer s on wjunction not LET.

• They have many conditions. Buy your own dedicated server instead of using sliced vpses. Try small dedi, so you can use full resources as you want. No ass pain conditions at all.

• RDP is not VPS and dont have dedicated IP, basically it just account on high end windows server, there is rules applied for each account that make you only can do limited tasks, example you cannot extract more than one winrar files at the same time, or you cannot encode 2 videos at the same time, all is up to the admin. VPSs now are so cheap, i would suggest find VPS provider that can give custom spec with dedicated core rather than RDP.

• RDP is a user on a server rather than its own instance/service.

If you are looking to encode then a dedicated CPU based solution may be a better option e.g. https://quadhost.net/virtual-private-server/dedicore/ alternatively you may wish to settle for a dedicated server.

• FredQc said: Get a slice!

Don't think so. Encoding is eating resources, so I would imagine that @Francisco would not be very happy with this kind of task...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jvnadr said:

FredQc said: Get a slice!

Don't think so. Encoding is eating resources, so I would imagine that @Francisco would not be very happy with this kind of task...

Perfectly fine if you get a plan with dedicated cores :)

Francisco

• windows and with encoding allowed (24/7) is what i want, won't use it for other things.

• jamesratjamesrat Member
    edited December 2016

Can we just take a minute to admire the logo on this:

For Comparison Best Buy logo:

Thanked by 2deadbeef jvnadr
  • @koby said:
    windows and with encoding allowed (24/7) is what i want, won't use it for other things.

Then you are safe to buy that..