Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox LT 2016 VS Dual XEON E5 2670 Wholesaleinternet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox LT 2016 VS Dual XEON E5 2670 Wholesaleinternet

Currently I have Dedibox LT 2016 with specs below

1x Intel® Xeon® E3 1245 v5 
32 GB DDR4 ECC
3 × 250 GB SSD
RAID 5

And this is WSI specs

Dual Xeon E5 2670
240 GB SSD
32 GB DDR 3 RAM

If I look at cpubenchmark, I can get nearly 2x of CPU performance (10.291 vs 18.434). Now my CPU usage on dedibox LT is always full. I have a plan to migrate to the WSI. How much higher performance do I get if I move?

Please don't compare another aspect beside of CPU, RAM, and SSD. I know that it is risk to move to WSI, but what I need now is performance. I have another plan to cover the risk.

Thanks before :)

Comments

• I guess the tasks you run can use all the processors. Like web hosting and so, you probably will get a linear increase in performance, but a little bit more of response time because the processors have much lower frequency.

Thanked by 2akhfa deadbeef
  • @yomero said:
    I guess the tasks you run can use all the processors. Like web hosting and so, you probably will get a linear increase in performance, but a little bit more of response time because the processors have much lower frequency.

Yes I use it as Web server. I think performance and response time is linear. Why does performance can increase about 2x, but the response time is decreased?

• I mean, every request is processed (generally) on a single CPU core. So, if your response time in the E3 (>3Ghz and newest architecture) is around... let's say 2 seconds, probably on the E5 (2.6Ghz or so) will be around 3-3.5 seconds.

But, because you have more cores to spare, you will be able to serve more requests at the same time.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • Still, depends on your client base. If your clients are all based in the EU, moving from france to the usa adds extra delay to the requests.

• @teamacc said:
    Still, depends on your client base. If your clients are all based in the EU, moving from france to the usa adds extra delay to the requests.

The clients are based on Asia. I think WSI has better route

• /sidequestion What are the risks of WSI? Links?

• My personal experience has been good.

Probably some people doesn't like their network, but the hardware is ok, and the support has been good for me.

• I'd advise you to test out their network first, before pulling the trigger.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @teamacc said:
    I'd advise you to test out their network first, before pulling the trigger.

I did, and it is okay for me :)

• @deadbeef said:
    /sidequestion What are the risks of WSI? Links?

Maybe old hardware? I just read on some others thread. I don't know what the fact is. But whatever the hardware, you should backup everything you have :)

Thanked by 1deadbeef