Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for under €1 a month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for under €1 a month

2»

Comments

• BuyVM, Y U NO have stock ;)
    FastVPS can offer such low prices simply because they overload their node like crazy and are likely to dissapear within a few weeks/months

• @earl said: BuyVM probably has 100 servers

http://buyvmstatus.com/

@Freek said: BuyVM, Y U NO have stock ;)

Casualty Friday on IRC

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Freek - We're in '55 South Market St.' Coresite in San Jose, California :)

I'd stay clear of nordic. They have been ignoring people and have had some nodes down for a couple weeks.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/nordicvps

Check that poor guy out.

Francisco

• earlearl Member
    edited December 2011

@Freek said: If I forgot any or you know missing details, feel free to add :)

AlienVPS.com - VZ Abduction $15/yr
    190MB memory/220MB vswap, 19GB storage & 190GB/month data Las Vegas/New York

Ipxcore.com - $1.25/month
    96MB memory, 2GB storage, 30GB/month data transfer, 1/2 vCPU core, Virtualizor, Phoenix

securedragon.net - has a few yearly offers

• Who owns nordic? Sean or someone?

• @Francisco Alrighty

@Earl AlienVPS's Abduction plan only has an uplink of 25Mbps... Still It's under 1euro a month, I agree.

• @Freek when I had a few with them it was capped at 10M/s - 80mbps however they uncapped them and could burst to 80M/s but normally 30-40M/s 240-320mbps.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

lol, so many provider with monthly fee below 2USD. Is that a trend bring up by BuyVM ?

• FreekFreek Member
    edited December 2011

Re: FastVPS
    "This node is not full but i found that some customers abuse on the node server that you are on, i fixed the problem and the load is now normal
    No we have 3 node servers for the moment and we will aquire more in next months :)"

RIght, they have 3 nodes and I'm (like everyone else) on the Alpha node.
    For those of you playing Battlefield 3, you'll know for sure that Alpha = 1, Bravo = 2, Charlie =3 etc ;)

• Deja vu. Replace "Fast" with "Uptime" and think again.

• Never heard about uptimeVPS before, but some googling doesn't make me happy ;)

• I wonder if there's provider with similar price but billed monthly ;)

@Freek said: For those of you playing Battlefield 3, you'll know for sure that Alpha = 1, Bravo = 2, Charlie =3 etc ;)

Oh jesus h. christ it IS uptimeVPS!

Francisco

• @Francisco Enlighten me please.

They named all of their nodes the exact same way :P

The .co domain, the 'who the hell owns this?' kinda ownership, the 'this wont last long' pricing? Looks pretty iffy to me.

We'll see how long before they start rolling out $60/y 4GB dedicated RAM vm's.

Francisco

• @Freek said: For those of you playing Battlefield 3, you'll know for sure that Alpha = 1, Bravo = 2, Charlie =3 etc ;)

Charlie? Wow, I had one on that node when UptimeVPS was alive. Don't tell me the datacenter is OVH (if it is, good luck then).

• FreekFreek Member
    edited December 2011

@Francisco Ah, thanks for the explanation.

@danielfeng Dunno. They are in Scranton

Got mail:
    'Hello Sir,
    We are setup a new node, we will move you on it.
    Sincerely'

"We are family".. first thing that came to mind.

• @Freek They had us1 node at Scranton, and us2 from VolumeDrive. All their us nodes were heavily oversold. If you do wish to give it a shot, stay with monthly plan only, and of course always backup your data.

• @Freek said: For those of you playing Battlefield 3, you'll know for sure that Alpha = 1, Bravo = 2, Charlie =3 etc

I thought it would be Alpha, Beta, RC...

• @danielfeng I already bought the yearly 12$ plan before consulting LET. Bad thing to do ;)
    @earl That's correct for software, but in the military, it's Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot etc

• @Freek said: @earl That's correct for software, but in the military, it's Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot etc

Yeah I was just kidding.. in reference to them being a new CO. and all.. but somehow I get the feeling they have done this before. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another scam!!

• Don't worry - we're here to stay :)

• @MartinD We're not referring to you, but to FastVPS.co ;)

• I requested and got a refund from FastVPS.
    My VPS on the Alpha node has been barely usable this whole day. Gateway errors, sockets that won't bind properly and stuff like that.. Terrible I/O and it took 5 minutes to install Midnight Commander (apt-get install mc) which usually takes less than 10 seconds.

• 2 months, just 2 months :P

• @Freek

My VPS is stable here

• @joodle Maybe because mine is gone now ;) But I had nothing but issues today.

• I've been with MiniVPS for about 6 months now. Easily the best (surprising) LEB I've owned so far which includes nearly every company featured on this site.

Stats for my usage: 3.22Mbps (95th%), 99.96% network uptime, 1 scheduled maintenance. Very stable, never had any weird slow downs.

I sent a ticket in when it was first provisioned regarding CPU throttle and they set it right in a very respectable amount of time.