Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated US East/Central (64GB, 30TB Gbit, 4x HDD, BGP)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated US East/Central (64GB, 30TB Gbit, 4x HDD, BGP)

WilliamWilliam Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

I need in US, ideally East but Central also works:

• E5-16xx, E5-2xxx, i7-6xxx, E3-12xx v5, X56xx or similar
  • 32GB RAM with an upgrade path to 64GB min. (so no E3 >v5 or consumer i7 before Skylake), no ECC reqd
  • 4x 1TB HDD (or larger)
  • 30-50TB on Gbit, ideally inbound free
  • a /29, a /48 and BGP IPv4 and IPv6 (full table ideally, RIPE ASN)

Paid quarterly.

Comments

• edited December 2016

Hi, @William

Try, eurohoster.org

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Think Psychz offered BGP sessions at one point of time, haven't spoken with them recently. Hardware probably won't be a problem, as it seems that the reqirements are pretty standard/common one.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

AlexBarakov said: Think Psychz offered BGP sessions at one point of time

They do, for $50/mo extra cost last time I asked them (3 weeks ago)

• @Arttu_Rantanen said:
    Hi, @William

Try, eurohoster.org

The part where they sell servers with ocz vertex 2 ssds gave me a good jump scare.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

@William what kind of budget are you looking at for this? I can set you up in Dallas on an Dual E5-2620

• CenTexHosting said: I can set you up in Dallas on an Dual E5-2620

Less than that, single CPU is all needed.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

What's your budget? We have some E5-16xx and E3-12xx v5 in both Ashburn, VA and Dallas, TX.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We have E3-1270v5 in stock in Atlanta and we can do BGP, but we don't provide full tables. If you're interested, please PM me.

Thanks

• I found some good offers on https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/
    Check once, you may like them

• GoMutantGoMutant Member
    edited December 2016

@JUNI said:
    I found some good offers on https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

WSI does not offer BGP to anyone other than colocation customers.

• PhotonVPS said: What's your budget?

Sorry, but you are out - i'm not willing to pay 50$/mo for a BGP session, that is insane (i have this at 15+ ISPs for free, mostly even on VPS).

qps said: We have E3-1270v5 in stock in Atlanta and we can do BGP, but we don't provide full tables. If you're interested, please PM me.

Should not need full table, sending PM :)

teamacc said: ocz vertex 2

I liked these, at least they died immediately after starting to use them - we still have a bunch absolutely broken 480GB ones in a cupboard, used maybe a week :')

GoMutant said: WSI does not offer BGP to anyone other than colocation customers.

Generally i do not want a pure Cogent/HE blend either, some decency please...

• DigitalFyreDigitalFyre Member
    edited December 2016

William said: Sorry, but you are out - i'm not willing to pay 50$/mo for a BGP session, that is insane (i have this at 15+ ISPs for free, mostly even on VPS).

IIRC, Psychz setups up a managed VM with Vyatta or something similar for the BGP Session, which is why they charge for the BGP. I could be wrong...

• @DigitalFyre said:

William said: Sorry, but you are out - i'm not willing to pay 50$/mo for a BGP session, that is insane (i have this at 15+ ISPs for free, mostly even on VPS).

IIRC, Psychz setups up a managed VM with Vyatta or something similar for the BGP Session, which is why they charge for the BGP. I could be wrong...

They create a BGP session on their MX480 in the datacenter you're located in. I'm not sure as to why they charge $49 for a BGP session but they should have a good reason as it's a hefty price for one.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@Zappie said:
    They do, for $50/mo extra cost last time I asked them (3 weeks ago)

This is waived most of the time, do you have a ticket number I can look at?

@William said:

PhotonVPS said: What's your budget?

Sorry, but you are out - i'm not willing to pay 50$/mo for a BGP session, that is insane (i have this at 15+ ISPs for free, mostly even on VPS).

I can get this wavied for you.

@DigitalFyre said:

We do not setup a managed VM with Vyatta, we only have BGP or Virtual Router and Virtual Router is not the same as VM

• PhotonVPS said: What's your budget?

The question is not what our budget is (this is for a non-profit organization), the question is what you can offer :) @William has included everything in his first post here what we need and is required. Can you make us an offer with these specs?

• Note that stating "no E3 >v5" means "no E3 higher than v5". You probably meant "no E3 <v5"

• @JUNI said:
    I found some good offers on https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

That's a awful recommendation if you read that William was looking for, because:

@GoMutant said:
    WSI does not offer BGP to anyone other than colocation customers.

They don't do colo longer at least not directly with them (reseller etc maybe)

@William said:
    Generally i do not want a pure Cogent/HE blend either, some decency please...

They're pure HE now since some months back.

https://bgpview.io/asn/32097#upstreams-v4

https://bgpview.io/asn/32097#upstreams-v6

Thanked by 1deadbeef