Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5.99 domain name transfer to Namecheap on April 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5.99 domain name transfer to Namecheap on April 22

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited April 2013 in General

From their blog:

http://community.namecheap.com/blog/2013/04/19/earth-day-2013/

For every domain name transferred to Namecheap on Monday, April 22nd, you will not only save big (transfers are $5.99* for com/net/org/biz/info) but we will also be donating $1 on your behalf to the organization of your choice based on the coupon code you will use.

That’s right, we have two coupon codes. **DONATE2WWF **is the coupon to use if you want to donate to WWF. **SAVETHEFOREST **will support the Rainforest Alliance.

Conditions:

An additional $0.18 ICANN fee is charged to .com and .net transfers.

Limit 10 domains per household or business entity across both coupons. Limit 1 hosting plan per household or business entity across both coupons.

Domains transferred out of Namecheap previously are ineligible to participate in this promotion.

Comments

• Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely be taking advantage of it to transfer my 99 cent domains out of GoDaddy. It's actually not a bad deal: $7.34 for two years of domain service. ($.99 + $.18 + $5.99 + $.18) That comes to just $3.67 for each year of service.

• Nice. Got a few expiring domains, would be nice to transfer them to namecheap.

• $5.99 is the cheapest price for transfer?

• I'd go with savetheforest :)

Wwf org is already rich.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

@DannyAlex said: $5.99 is the cheapest price for transfer?

Once a year (for the last two years, anyway) in January Namecheap has had a "move your domain" day, on which domain transfers are only $3.99. That's the cheapest transfer that I know of for Namecheap. They have the coupon switch2nc year-round, check out the link for their regular discount there. Unless you want to wait until January, though, $5.99 ($6.17 with ICANN fee) is the cheapest you'll get, at least for NC.

• @DStrout said: @DannyAlex said: $5.99 is the cheapest price for transfer?

And just to add, if you miss this 24 hour deal the next cheapest (and reliable) one that I can find is Namesilo, and they have a dollar off coupon but their regular prices are already pretty cheap.

• @zhuanyi said: if you miss this 24 hour deal the next cheapest (and reliable) one that I can find is Namesilo, and they have a dollar off coupon but their regular prices are already pretty cheap.

Thanks for the remind, I will try my best to catch NameCheap deal :D

• @DannyAlex said: Thanks for the remind, I will try my best to catch NameCheap deal :D

It is 24 hours so no matter what timezone you are in you should be able to get the deal :)

• Today's the day! Just transferred two domains out of GoDaddy with SAVETHEFOREST.