Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RunCloud.IO Feedback from CURRENT customers please - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RunCloud.IO Feedback from CURRENT customers please

13»

Comments

• Umm I'm currently using serverpilot but was going to use runcloud instead. Not sure what to do now.

• I'm hoping someone is going to respond and address the bugs, it's a lot of time to set everything up for several sites.
    What was the reason for switching over?

• @PhillTheChill said:
    Umm I'm currently using serverpilot but was going to use runcloud instead. Not sure what to do now.

Can't comment on the support, because I never had to use it, but I've been running Runcloud on 4 servers from different providers since august without any problems.

• I just started using it recently on a couple of vultr vps. I want to say I got locked out of my server once when switching from password to ssh keys. Re-installed and didn't have the problem again. Not sure if it was my problem using their product for the first time or something on their end. So far its decent.

• @PhillTheChill said:
    Umm I'm currently using serverpilot but was going to use runcloud instead. Not sure what to do now.

I have both (serverpilot and runcloud). I've been using serverpilot for about 2 years and runcloud for 7 months plus. I have 8 servers on runcloud from different providers and all are running fine. Letsencrypt SSL renews automatically without issue.... sometimes, the initial cert setup for a new domain takes up to 1 minute to issue (not sure if it's dns or the system's idiosyncrasy) but it still beats manual setup on a free serverpilot account.

I prefer runcloud because for $10 a month, you get to use the pro version on as many servers as you want (unlike serverpilot where each server cost you $10).

My advice is this: Try it out. Setup daily backup on your sites and move back to serverpilot if you don't like it.

Have in mind though, unlike serverpilot, runclound does not set up any mailing gateway on the server. So, transactional emails from your site would not work.

• @dansummer thanks for the useful report.
    I am guessing that in my process of switching a webapp from staging url to live one the SSL deploy script is getting confused, perhaps not deleting old domain names.
    I'm going to try creating everything from scratch for the broken site.
    Good to know serverpilot would be manual setup for SSL, that doesnt sound any easier.

It does disturb me that a bug with an SSL cert would cause nginx to not start, but least I was able to fix that manually.

For email, I've followed the mailgun tutorial on runcloud's site and that's working well (for free). Still trialing..

I've also emailed the RC team to give feedback and ask for some answers but so far just getting a mystified reply from support, who only ever answers 1 question at a time after a couple of days.

Once it's stable then.. fingers crossed.

But Runcloud if you're listening, there is room for improvement.
    Since there has been no input from them here recently I may open a separate thread detailing all of the errors.